Exception: The license is not valid for this product on calling license in Apose.Cells and Aspose.Slides (Android via Java)

Hi everyone!

My dev team is following “Using Your License - Purchase - aspose.com” docs and it works fine for aspose pdf & word, but when we use aspose cells & slide, we are getting the issue “The license is not valid for this product”.
Please can somebody help? We have tried to implement the key file several times now.

Kind regards and have a good week,
Mathias

@MathiasT,

Thanks for the details.

Can you please share complete details e.g. how you are using Aspose APIs (e.g Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides) and set the license, also which development platform (.NET or Java etc.)?. Moreover, which versions of Aspose APIs are you using?

Do you have Aspose.Total.lic to use with Aspose APIs? Please also share your license file with us. Please post your license file via private message. In order to send a private message with attachments, please click on my name and find “Message” button, attach the license file (you may zip it prior attaching) and post us. We will check it soon.

we are calling setLicense method using qualified name of the License class
like com.aspose.cells.License for Cells products, com.aspose.pdf.License for PDF Products etc.

Development platform- Android via java
APIs versions below:

• aspose-pdf - 19.3
  • aspose-words - 19.6
  • aspose-cells - 19.6
  • aspose-slides - 19.7

error for slides:-
class com.aspose.slides.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: The license is not valid for this product.

error for cells:-
com.aspose.cells.CellsException: The license is not valid for this product.

Also, I am sharing the license file with you via private message.

@MathiasT,

Thanks for providing us your license file via private message.

We evaluated the license file with both Aspose.Cells for Android via Java and Aspose.Slides for Android via Java APIs using Android studio. We reproduced both your mentioned issues (although the license file works fine with .NET and Java APIs) for Android APIs. We have logged the following two tickets for the issues for Aspose.Cells for Android via Java and Aspose.Slides for Android via Java respectively:

• CELLSANDROID-92
  • SLIDESANDROID-206

We will try to figure these issues out soon. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@MathiasT,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Android via Java v19.8.1:
aspose-cells-19.8.1-android.via.java.zip (6.1 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.
Let us know your feedback.

Thanks for the update,
I’ll try it and update you ASAP.

@MathiasT,
You are welcome.

"Aspose Cell 19.8.1" is working fine.
Could you please update me about Slide issue

• SLIDESANDROID-206

@MathiasT,

The issue “SLIDESANDROID-206” has been resolved as well. You may expect the fix in the next few days. You will be notified automatically once the version/fix is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESANDROID-206) have been fixed in this update.

Yes, This is working very fine. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for the update.

@MathiasT,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad that your issues are sorted out now. Feel free to write us back if you have further queries, or comments, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSANDROID-92) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Android via Java v19.9.

Hello Amjad,
Could you please tell me how should I validate the Slide licence in aspose-slides version 19.9 android-via-jar.

com.aspose.slides.License().isLicensed() is deprecated in above version & documentation does not updated till.

@MathiasT,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that this method has been removed by design in API owing to security reasons. This feature has been discontinued in all other Aspose APIs too.

Please tell me that how to validate the license?

@MathiasT,

You have to put the license call in Try catch block and in case of any exception (either license file not valid or License file expired), you can get to know if the license is applied or not.

Can you provide a sample code here in android/java?

@MathiasT,

I suggest you to please try using following sample code on your end.

try
	{
		License lic=new License();
		lic.setLicense(licPath);

}
	catch(com.aspose.slides.exceptions.InvalidOperationException e)
	{
		e.printStackTrace();
	}