Exception Thrown when saving to file- when there is a Matrix in the rdlc report

Hey,

I am trying to evaluate the Aspose.Words for reporting services, for usage with my Application.

However, I have encountered a show stopping issue.
When I try to save to a file, a report that has a single matrix inside, an exception is thrown from the Aspose Dll

The default renderers of the reportviewer control render and save the document without any issue

I am using the reportviewer 2010 control and the latest corresponding Aspose dll (v 4.1)
All reports are in Local Mode

Best Regards
Dim Tsouvalas

Hi Dim,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great If you please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>

<DataSet Name=DataSet1>

<Query>

<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label

union all

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label

union all

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label

union all

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label

</CommandText>

</Query>

<Fields>

<Field Name=value>

<DataField>value</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

<Field Name=label>

<DataField>label</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

</Fields>

</DataSet>

</DataSets>

This is not necessary.

If I create an empty report with ONLY a matrix inside and then try to save it in an Aspose format then the exception is thrown.

Any Datasource, even the simplest one, gives the same result.
I use simple Datatables (populated from a Dataset or created on the fly).

What I have noticed is that in ther tablix, if I delete the Row group and leave only the Column group
then it exports but still misses data

I must emphasize that I run in local mode NOT server side. I have only rdlc files NOT rdl.
And that the default word render of Reportviewer does not crash

Hope this clarifies things a bit

Best Regards
Dim Tsouvalas

Hi Dim,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I have tested the scenario and have not found the shared issue while using Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.1.0. I have attached the test RDL file and output Doc/Docx with this post for your kind reference.

Could you please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL/RDLC file and share that with us? Please check the attached RDL file. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information.

Thank you for your continuing involvement

The test file you sent me does not have a column group… thus it is not the case I am describing.

I have done something more compact
I have created a sample c# winforms application that has a simple report inside.
It uses a filled sql compact 3.5 db, and a datataset (change the connection string if necessary)

This application has the behaviour I am describing in my previous posts

Thank you for your patience

Best Regards
Tsouvalas Dimitris
Hi Tsouvalas,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-160. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-160) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services release.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thank you for your response.

However, the problem is NOT solved completely.

If you re-run the test Application that I have attached in a previous post (and update the corresponding Aspose dll to your current version, i.e. 4.4) the application still throws an exception, albeit now it is a First Chance Exception, and it DOES NOT RENDER the matrix. It renders only the Header Row.
In order for the exception to be caught you have to enable break on “Common Language Runtime Exceptions”. It is a First Chance Excetion.

Please note that in a more complicated matrix that I have in a real application, all the Aspose renderers fail to complete the operation, whereas the default ones of the reportviewer control do so correctly.

Moreover, the setup you link to, throws an error when run under fully updated windows 8.1. If run under compatibility mode it works properly.

My platform is Visual Studio 2010 SP1 on Windows 8.1. All Fully updated.

Best Regards

Dimitrios Tsouvalas
Hi Tsouvalas,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are working over your query and will update you shortly.

Hi Tsouvalas,

Thanks for your patience.
dtsouval:

If you re-run the test Application that I have attached in a previous post (and update the corresponding Aspose dll to your current version, i.e. 4.4) the application still throws an exception, albeit now it is a First Chance Exception, and it DOES NOT RENDER the matrix. It renders only the Header Row.

I have tested the scenario and have not faced any exception. However, Tablix body does not render in output Doc/Docx. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-204. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
dtsouval:

Moreover, the setup you link to, throws an error when run under fully updated windows 8.1. If run under compatibility mode it works properly.

Please uninstall the Aspose.Words for Reporting Services and re-install the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.4.0. If you still face problem, please install Aspose.Words for Reporting Services manually by following steps as described in following documentation link. Please restart the SQL Server Reporting Services after installation. http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Installing+on+the+Server+Manually

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-204) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issue is NOT fixed.

Please do some simple check against the test case I have given you in 524677 .

I have replaced the dll with the latest version (4.7) and still the body is not rendered. Only the Header.
Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please make sure that you are using Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.7.0.

Please restart the SQL Server Reporting Services and test the scenario again. Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you still face problem.

You obviously DO NOT read the comments and the complete history of this problem.

I am NOT using SQL Server reporting services, but local mode report viewer control. So there is no server to restart. The winforms application does that.

As I stated in my previous reply, I AM using the latest dll (4.7.0).

Please read the complete thread, repeat the test I have supplied you with and then reply.

Thank you.
Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-228. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Do I have to wait another year for a proper fix ?

My projects would go on much smoother if I could use your product.

Now I have to reside to makeshift solutions, which are not optimal.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have fixed WORDSRPT-228. Please use latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.7.1 and let us know if you have any more queries.

Thank you.

I confirm that the sample application that I have given you in this thread, now works correctly with ONE EXCEPTION.

The HTML renderer still throws an exception and fails to render the report.

All the other renderers seem to export the report correctly.

I hope for a quick fix for this issue.

Now I can continue with the evaluation in my actual projects. I hope all goes well.

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-231. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your patience. We have fixed WORDSRPT-231. Please use latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.7.2 and let us know if you have any more queries.