Exception when building huge excel file

Hello,

I’m facing an issue when trying to build a huge excel file (around 1 000 000 lines and 100 columns), Excel file grows to 1 412 771 KB until this exception occur :

"Compressed or Uncompressed size, or offset exceeds the maximum value. Consider setting the UseZip64WhenSaving property on the ZipFile instance."

In attachment, you will find a little vs2015 project to reproduce the issue.

Hi Stéphane,

Thank you for sharing the sample project.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.7.0.1, and we are able to replicate the said exception on our side. In order to further investigate the matter to pin point the problem cause, we have logged this incident as CELLSNET-44205 in our bug tracking system. We require some time to schedule the analysis and get back with updates in this regard. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This exception means that the size of worksheet’s xml file is greater than 0xFFFFFFFF.

We do not think the normal file will be so large.

We have no plan to fix this issue.

And you should set OoxmlSaveOptions.ExportCellName as false to reduce the size of the file.

Please see the following code

C#
OoxmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new OoxmlSaveOptions();
saveOptions.ExportCellName = false;
book.Save(filePath,saveOptions);

Hello,

I agree, it is too big for a useful excel file. My goal was a test to the limits and this exception lets me think that it was possible to go further ;-).

Thanks for the tips ! That's enought for our use.

Regards,

Hi,

Good to know that you have sorted it out. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.