Exception when saving PPT file to PPT

Hi Team!

There is an exception when I trying to save ppt file to ppt but when I save these ppt files into pptx there is no problem.

presentation.Save(outputPath, SaveFormat.Ppt);

Exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ​ . (ParagraphFormat )
at . ()
at Aspose.Slides.ParagraphFormat.()
at ​ . (PortionFormat )
at . ()
at Aspose.Slides.PortionFormat.()
at ​ . (PortionFormat )
at . ( , & , ​ & )
at . ( , `1 , )
at ​ .(PortionFormat )
at Aspose.Slides.PortionFormat.()
at .(IPortionFormat , , )
at .(IParagraphCollection , , )
at .(ITextFrame , , )
at .( )
at Aspose.Slides.SmartArt.SmartArt.( )
at .(SmartArt , , )
at .(IShape , )
at . )
at ()
at .( )
at .( )
at .( )
at .( )
at . ()
at .()
at .(Stream , ISaveOptions )
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format, ISaveOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Presentation.Save(String fname, SaveFormat format)

These are the files that are throwing exception during save:
ppt_files.zip (9.0 MB)
ppt_files1.zip (6.6 MB)
ppt_files2.zip (6.9 MB)
ppt_files3.zip (7.9 MB)

Aspose.Slides 21.1.0
.Net Core 3.1

@erdeiga,
I have checked the save of all presentations to PPT format and found no exceptions. Could you share a simple standalone project for investigating the issue, please?

@Andrey_Potapov,
I checked it and it seems like it’s only happening when I replace some text in the presentations. I attached a project so you can reproduce it hopefully. (I could reproduced it in my Linux machine)

I also noticed that one of the attached file (68ed30a693904b7abd5fd6379fd492ea.ppt) saved successfully but some of the text box orientation is changed. Can you also check this?

AsposeSlidesSaveException.zip (2.7 KB)

Thanks for your help!

@erdeiga,
Thank you for the project sample. I have reproduced the problem and got the same exceptions. It seems there is a bug in SlideUtil.GetAllTextBoxes method. I have logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-42418. Our development team will investigate the issue. You will be notified when it is fixed.

I checked it, but I have not noticed any differences in text boxes. Could you share a screenshot of those differences, please?

1 Like

This is some kind of LibreOffice Impress viewing issue because I checked the file in MS Office PowerPoint 2016 and there wasn’t any orientation issue so this is not an Aspose.Slides bug.

@erdeiga,
Yes, you are right. There is some bug in saving PPT to PPT that is visible in LibreOffice Impress. I have logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-42419. Our development team will investigate the issue. You will be notified when it is fixed.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42418) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42419) have been fixed in this update.