Excessive memory use during save to PDF

In certain cases, we have found that saving an Excel spreadsheet to PDF causes a significant amount of memory to be consumed by Aspose.Cells. Attached is an example file. Simply opening this file and then calling .Save(outputPath, SaveFormat.PDF) causes the process to use at least 1.5GB of memory.

I’m hoping you could investigate why so much memory is being consumed and see if that can be avoided. We do parallel processing of Excel files and this can quickly cause a machine to run out of available physical memory.

Hi,

I have tested to convert your attached template file to PDF with v7.4.3 (latest version) and it works pretty quickly and there is no memory issue at all as you pointed out.

Could you try our latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3:

Let us know if you still find the issue.

Thank you.

7.4.3 does appear to fix this issue. We are still on 7.4.2 because that is the latest available via NuGet but will update manually for now. Thank you.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the latest version i.e., Aspose. Cells for .NET v7.4.3.
We released the new version yesterday and we regularly publish new releases on NuGet repository. We normally publish new releases of the product to NuGet after a couple of days when we release our official release on our Downloads module on Aspose site.

Also, you may get the latest version (Dlls only) of the product by manually downloading it here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry460849.aspx