Exchange Impersonated User

When attempting to use EWS directly, and using an Exchange Impersonation account, I can access my own inbox without fail. When trying to use Aspose.Email, the only URIs populated in the mailbox info object are for calendar and root uri.

I can connect to exchange just fine using my credentials directly, and use the impersonation credentials. But when I try to access my inbox from the impersonated credentials, I get this issue.

What do I need to look for next?

Hi Darren,

Thank you for contacting support.

Please note, Aspose.Email API works little differently than EWS. Using Aspose.Email, if the main account (whose credentials are used to log-on the Exchange) has the “Full Access Permission” in the “Exchange Management Console” on some other MailBox then you can access the other MailBox size or get information regarding the folders in MailBox and fetch messages from any particular folder.

Please read about this feature in more detail from the below linked technical article.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10846328

Please check the above article and try the source code on your end. If your said issue persists then it leads to a chance that the main user does not have the "Full Access Permission" on the impersonated MailBox.

Regards,

The article posted was the source I used for writing my code to begin with. I am being assured by my exchange administrator that the proper permissions are in place, that the impersonation account can access anything I can access, when impersonating me. This being said, the code referenced above still shows the issue.

Hi,

Thank you for writing back.

I would like to clear up an ambiguity regarding your comments as below.

Fortinbra:
I can connect to exchange just fine using my credentials directly, and use the impersonation credentials. But when I try to access my inbox from the impersonated credentials, I get this issue.

From your comments, it seems that you are able to connect to the impersonated account while using your own credentials. But you are having trouble while connecting with your own account using the impersonated account credentials.

If my understanding is incorrect then please explain your scenario in more detail, so I may discuss this matter with the development team.

Thanks and Regards,
To remove any sense of ambiguity:

Using Aspose.Email:
I can connect to my mailbox using my credentials.
I cannot connect to my mailbox using the impersonation credentials.

Using EWS:
I can connect to my mailbox using my credentials.
I can connect to my mailbox using the impersonation credentials.

Ultimate goal, is to use the impersonation credentials to read an inbox, and save a user selected set of messages out as MSG files. I am not being allowed to store or prompt for the individual user credentials.

Hi,

Please accept my apology for the confusion and inconvenience.

Aspose.Email for .NET currently supports Delegate Access to other mail accounts. This feature is limited to calendar sharing and management of Mailbox. Whereas your requirement is about Exchange Impersonation.

I have logged a ticket (NETWORKNET-33354) in this reference and requested the development team to provide the required functionality. As soon as I hear further news, I will post here for your kind reference.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33354) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I have the same issue (using a shared mail box in Office 365) but the link is broken. How do we get access to the shared mailbox?

Hi Eric,

Please follow your other thread for further assistance in this regard.