We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Exchange Impersonation problem

Hi,

I downloaded trial version of network component to see if we can use it in our software. To be honest only feature we really are interested in is saving messages to MSG files, everything else we are handling on our own with use of EWS Managed API.

Our application basically relies on Exchange Impersonation feature and can’t get it to work with your API. I found some forum thread relating to this feature but in my implementation I get strange exceptions.

For this code:

var username = “user”; //this user has a right to impersonate other users in this domain

var password = “pass”;

var domain = “[example.com](http://example.com/)”;

var url = “https://exchangeserver.example.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx”;

var _asposeClient = new ExchangeWebServiceClient(url, username, password, domain);

var mailboxInfo = _asposeClient.GetMailboxInfo(“[impersonatedUser@example.com](mailto:impersonatedUser@example.com)”);

I get exception “Index was outside the bounds of the array.” which basically says nothing useful but I suspect that it is related to getting other user mailbox because for authenticated user I can get his mailbox info.

If I use ExchangeClient class instead of ExchangeWebServicesClient it is not even possible to get mailbox info for authenticated user, I get exception “The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.” which also is pretty mysterious.

With EWS Managed API these functionalities work so I want to ask you do you support Impersonation and if yes what do I have to do to make it work? Maybe exceptions I get are caused by free trial limitations although I did not found detail explanation what those limitations really are except that they are related to some components like Mail, Pop3 or Imap so Exchange should be outside of their scope.

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

In below example,
var _asposeClient = new ExchangeWebServiceClient(url, “user1”, password, domain);
GetMailboxInfo("user2@domain.com")

it will work if the user2 has granted mailbox access permissions to user1 from Exchange Management Console. I think it is the delegate access feature of Exchange, which is different than Exchange Impersonation.

We will investigate about it further and add this feature as well, if feasible.

Ok, thanks for info.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 31268 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)