We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Export from PPTX to PDF failed

Hi,
I am using registered version of Aspose Slides (ver 4.1.1.0) for .Net . I am getting following exception while exporting ppts file to pdf. For every PPTX file I am getting same exception. Even the PPTX which just had 1 slide and just 1 label is failing. This is quite urgent issue for me. Can you please provide the solution ASAP ?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Timestamp: 10/5/2011 11:27:21 PM
Message: HandlingInstanceID: b60ee33f-e4ed-4905-8813-64fc4f3495c3
An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred and was caught.
2011-10-05 19:27:21Z
System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Aspose.Slides
System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
System.Collections.Hashtable a(System.String)
at dl.a(String A_0)
at dl.b()
at dl.e(String A_0)
at dl.b(String A_0, FontStyle A_1, Boolean A_2)
at dl.a(String A_0, FontStyle A_1, Boolean A_2)
at gq..ctor(me A_0, String A_1, FontStyle A_2)
at ok..ctor(me A_0, String A_1, FontStyle A_2)
at gq.a(me A_0, String A_1, FontStyle A_2, Boolean A_3)
at st.b(String A_0, FontStyle A_1, Boolean A_2)
at c4.a(ne A_0)
at nv.a(ne A_0)
at gn.a(ne A_0)
at ne.a(l2 A_0)
at c0.a(l2 A_0)
at j3.a(l2 A_0)
at c0.a(l2 A_0)
at eo.a(l2 A_0)
at hi.a(PresentationEx A_0, Stream A_1, PdfOptions A_2)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save(Stream stream, SaveFormat format, SaveOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Save(String fname, SaveFormat format)
at Intralinks.Common.Utilities.CommonUtilities.ConvertOfficeDocsToPDF(String sourceFile, String destinationFolder, Boolean useOriginalFileName) in c:\ilbuilds\pdfconv\build_trunk\CommonUtilities\CommonUtilities.cs:line 1375
Category: Logging Exception
Priority: 1
EventId: 100
Severity: Error
Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
Machine: LLC-29A5BC695B6
Application Domain: ILPDFConversionService.exe
Process Id: 2556
Process Name: C:\PDFConvService\DEV3.pdfconv\instance1\Release\ILPDFConversionService.exe
Win32 Thread Id: 4092
Thread Name:
Extended Properties: Product Version - 3.7.23056.0

Following is the code I used:

case ".pptx":
Aspose.Slides.License pptxLicense = new Aspose.Slides.License();
pptxLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx presentationEx = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(sourceFile);
presentationEx.Save(destinationFilePath, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);

retVal = destinationFilePath;

Thanks
Viral

Hi Viral,

I have observed the stack trace shared by you. However, in order to reproduce the issue on our end we need source presentation. Please share the source presentation along with the information about which product version you are using. We will investigate the issue on our end to help you out further.

Thanks and Regards,

Attached PPTX file. I am using registered version of Aspose Slides (ver 4.1.1.0) for .Net. This is only happening with pptx file. Other conversions like doc, docx, xls,xlsx, to pdf are working. This issue is happening only few machines which are running this conversion service. Is 32-bit\64 bit environment or OS issue?

Hi Viral,

I have worked with your presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.5.0 and the exported PDF is rendered absolutely fine. For your kind reference, the exported PDF is attached.

Thanks and Regards,

We have completed all QC cycle and at this point of time we cannot do major changes. I cannot change the dll version. So can you please check with the version I mentioned. Is it working for you ? What could be the failure reason based on stack trace. It would be better if you can figure out if this is environment issue if any. As I mentioned earlier same pptx file was working earlier withe same version . Is there any required dependencies related to this dll?

Hi Viral,

I have tested your presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1 and still I am able to generate the PDF successfully. For your kind reference, I have attached the exported PDF. I doubt that you may possibly be missing fonts in Operating System. You may verify this on some other machine as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi

Did you get a resolution for this? I am experiencing exactly the same issue on a customer’s PC. It is the first machine it has happened on and I have not been able to replicate it on any other machine, the software works perfectly.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

I have observed the issue statement shared by you. As you have stated that you are getting issue on client machine but not on your end for same deck. So, it means that issue is in fact not related to Aspose.Slides. What I suspect is that there may be some corrupted fonts installed on your client machine that are possibly causing the issue. What I suggest you is to backup the fonts installed on problametic machine and copy the fonts from machine where you are not having issue. Then try exporting the PPTX to PDF and I am hopeful the issue will be resolved. Please share the source presentation along with sample code if there is still issue incurring on your end. Please also share the machine Operating system details as well for reference where by you are having issue…

Many Thanks,