Export PDF/A from SSRS Report Manager/ Report Viewer

Hello, I am looking to exporting my SSRS reports to PDF/A files. After installing Aspose pdf for Reporting Services I’ve got a drop down option in SSRS Report Manager/Report Viewer which allows me to export the rendered report to Aspose pdf.

I wanted to know if Aspose gives out of the box support for exporting the reports as PDF/A files from SSRS Report Manager/Report Viewer, as the option currently saves the report in normal pdf format.

Please do comment if you need further explanation of my problem.

Thanks

Secure Link Services Ltd
Safkat Mustakim Nirjash, B.Sc. BUET
Junior Software Engineer

M +8801673912320

Zürich: Innovation Center, Haldenstrasse 23, 8306 Brüttisellen, Switzerland
Dhaka: Road #16, House #15, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209, Bangladesh
Helpdesk: BD 09611 222324
Web: [blog.selise.ch]

Hi Safkat,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services supports the feature to render .RDL file in PDF/A format. For further information, please visit

In case you encounter any issue, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for your response.

Let me tell where I have been able to go so far. I have a button(Pdf vaia Aspose.pdf) on SSRS viewer that allows me to export the report as pdf.

I have made changes to the rsreportserver.config file for the PdfConformance to be added.
The screenshot is added below:
http://i.imgur.com/ZWWHa8g.png

Now I have a simple report with two textboxes and a parameter named PdfConformance that takes a default value PdfA1A .

So clicking on the export button should result in a pdf/a file. but still it exports as normal pdf.

It’d really be helpful if you kindly point out if any mistakes have been made or if I need to do anything else to make it working.

N.B : I am working on SSRS 2012.

Thanks.

Hi Safkat,

Thanks for sharing more details. We are looking into it and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Safkat,

Thanks for sharing the details.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>I
have further tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem that resultant files are not PDF/A compliant. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-33450. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFREP-33450) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.