For a project we need to create PDF files from Word documents. Due to the need of our governments, we need to make all these PDF files accessible using «PDF/UA».
The highest accessibility level supported seems to be «PDF/A-1b». Does Aspose support «PDF/UA» exports, are there any plans to support this in the near future or will such a feature never be available?
Here a few additional information about our specific need:
- We have word documents used for templating. These documents can consist of simple text, images, tables, and more. All additional metadata like title of document and alternative text for images (which is needed for PDF/UA) will be provided by the template creator.
- These templates will be filled with the document data (basically search and replace of placeholders) and a watermark is added to the document (if document is prevew only)
- Then we will export this documents as PDF (likely using PDF/UA). Our endusers will only be able to view the generated PDF files
As already mentioned, we need PDF/UA accessibility. We used the following Tool to check if the generated PDF is accessible:
Using a simple test document with text, a table and an image the tool reports the following errors:
- Path object not tagged
- Figure element on a single page with no bounding box
- PDF/UA identifier missing
The watermark has been created using the source of the following page: https://docs.aspose.com/display/wordsnet/Add+Watermark
The export code is really simple:
document.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Title = “Document title”; // Fixes «dc:title» entry missing in document’s XMP metadata
var pdfOptions = new PdfSaveOptions
Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1a,
DisplayDocTitle = true // Fixes DisplayDocTitle key is not set to true
Thank you for your help