Export to HTML and PDF of a loaded XLS file

I have some issues on exporting:
to HTML it is incomplete
to PDF it is also incomplete.
to PDF sopmetimes it does'nt diplay large text from merged cells properly
to PDF when charts are displayed, they are truncated from a page to another

Thank you for your quick reply.

Hi,

Thank you for providing the sample application and template file. We will test it and get back to you soon.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please use Workbook.Open() method instead of Workbook.LoadData() method. When Workbook.LoadData() method is used, only data in the spreadsheet is loaded, so, the shapes, objects and other formatting etc. will be lost.

We have tested the conversions (Xls2Pdf and Xls2Html) using your provided template files with Workbook.Open() method and the latest fixes of Aspose.Cells & Aspose.Pdf and it works fine.

Please download the attached latest fixes of Aspose.Cells & Aspose.Pdf. Please do let us know if you still face any problem.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
The solution works except one thing .. when exporting to PDF charts that are positioned at the end of the page are truncated.

Please see the attached PDF file.

Please excuse my insistence,
I have another issue related to header and footers export from XLS to PDF.
In excel file header contains some text with linebreaks, so we have multiple rows in header(s) or footer(s). They are visible in the attached XLS file in preview mode.
After exporting to PDF header/footer contains only one row with merged data from all rows.
Is there a way to fix this.

Thank you very much for your support.

Hi,

Thank you for providing the sample application. We have tested your application and found the issues you have mentioned. We will figure them out soon.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed the bug of header/footer exporting issue to Pdf file.

For the issue the charts are truncated at the bottom, please check the print view of the chart worksheet in MS Excel manually and you can that the charts are actually truncated and are splitted on the second page. Currently, we do not support to split the charts to several pages, we will support it in future versions.
Thank you.

Thank you very much, the headers and footers are now working like a charm.

For truncated charts it would be better to be rendered to the next page as the workbook i use is generated programatically and i have no control on chart placement (i guess that must be done on Aspose.PDF component or in xls2pdf).

So i will wait for good news for the next versions of Aspose.Cells and Aspose.PDF.

Thank you again, you are an effective team.

Hi,

If you want the chart should not be truncated and displayed on a page, I think you may try to change some page setup options or set the page break.

The following sample code shows how to set the page setup options, check it:

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Open(@"F:\FileTemp\SampleAspose.xls");
Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[1];
sheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1;
sheet.PageSetup.FitToPagesTall = 0;

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6768) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Laurence.