Export to PDF Button not doing anything

I’m currently testing this product in our SP2010 environment. The solution successfully installed. I’ve created the PDF Template library and uploaded the sample XML to the library [http://www.aspose.com/docs/download/attachments/13304021/Template-XML-Files.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1343384692163 ]. I was able to see the template library and select the XML template. However, when I click the “Export to PDF” button, nothing happens. See attached screenshot. Did I miss a step in the installations or configuration?

Hi Miknon,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please double check that Pdf Template Engine feature is activated in Site collection Administration>Site collection features. If issue persist then please share your server log files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS, so we will look into these and provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Yes, this feature (Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010: PDF Template Engine) is enabled.

Hi Miknon,

Thanks for providing additional information. We have logged an investigation ticket, PDFSHP-33361, for further investigation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

Best Regards,

Any updates on this? My customer is getting impatient to see if this product will meet their requirements or not. I will be glad to get on a phone and screen share if it will facilitate the resolution.

Hi Miknon,

Thanks for you feedback. I am afraid we have recently logged the issue and it is pending for investigation. However, we have recorded your concerns and requested our development team to investigate the issue and share initial findings/ETA at their earliest. Hopefully we will share an update with you in early next week.

Best Regards,

Is there a status on this? It is midweek already. My customer is getting frustrated already with the lack of progress and is starting to put pressure on us to find another vendor.

Hi Miknon,

I have contacted the development team to get latest updates/information regarding the resolution of earlier reported issues. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

We tried to deploy the solution in our local environment and got it working. However, it is still not working in our staging environment. One thing we noticed is that our local environment is not HTTPS, while our staging is HTTPS. Our guys also used Fiddler to look at the HTTP traffic between the web server and the browser. Everything is the same in our local non-https environment and our staging https environment, except for the URL to pull down the generated PDF. In the staging HTTPS environment, it still returns a code of 200 (no errors), but file size is zero.

The customer really needs to have this deployed soon. Is there any way for us to expedite this?

Hi Miknon,

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated your shared log file and found that it contains two significant errors.

**SPSecurityContext.WindowsIdentity:** Could not retrieve a valid windows identity for NTName='P7\P2010svcK7543', UPN='[P2010svcK7543@p7.projecthosts.com](mailto:P2010svcK7543@p7.projecthosts.com)'. UPN is required when Kerberos constrained delegation is used. Exception: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/s4u/022694f3-9fbd-422b-b4b2-312e25dae2a2 that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint 'net.pipe://localhost/s4u/022694f3-9fbd-422b-b4b2-312e25dae2a2' could not be found on your local machine. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnectionInitiator.GetP...

**Error on load 'download' page Type-Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException Message:**List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. Stack: at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetListsWithCallback(String bstrUrl, Guid foreignWebId, String bstrListInternalName, Int32 dwBaseType, Int32 dwBaseTypeAlt, Int32 dwServerTemplate, UInt32 dwGetListFlags, UInt32 dwListFilterFlags, Boolean bPrefetchMetaData, Boolean bSecurityTrimmed, Boolean bGetSecurityData, Boolean bPrefetchRelatedFields, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter p2DWriter, Int32& plRecycleBinCount) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.EnsureListsData(Guid webId, String strListName) at Mi... acd28cb4-71c8-4f5f-9ad2-697b9f4668ce

Second error is reason of user issue(First issue).

<b><i>Could not retrieve a valid windows identity for
NTName=‘P7\P2010svcK7543’, UPN=‘[P2010svcK7543@p7.projecthosts.com](mailto:P2010svcK7543@p7.projecthosts.com)’.
UPN is required when Kerberos constrained delegation is used.</i></b>

It seems your SharePoint installation is broken. So we will recommend you to re-install the SharePoint on your staging server, It will fix the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

We did more research into this issue and found that on multiple SharePoint instances, the Aspose component works fine when the list used as a data source and the PDF Template library are in the root site of the site collection. However, this issue seems to occur when the component is used from a sub-site of the site collection. Is there something we’re doing incorrectly when configuring that might be causing this issue?

Hi Miknon,

Thanks for your investigation and sharing the details. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint does not support subsite. We have logged a new feature request as PDFSHP-33364 for your requirements. We will notify you via this forum thread as soon as it is implemented.

Best Regards,

I would have thought this was a pretty basic feature! In my opinion the component is completely unusable till the issue is resolved.

Is there an ETA for the feature request to be completed?

Hi Ruwan,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. As we have recently logged the requirement. We will in a good position to share an ETA, as soon as its investigation is completed. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Any updates to this?

Hi Ruwan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our development team is working hard to implement this feature and if it is implemented successfully as per plan then it would be included in Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.9.2 HotFix. This HotFix is planned in May, 2014. However, we will notify you as soon as it is implemented and gets available for download.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFSHP-33364) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.