Export to PDF renders the shapes and chart slightly out of scale(in size) in PDF file

Hi,

This is very interesting issue, that I am going to report.

We have been using "Export to PDF" function for very long time and recently it was brought to our attention that the exported PDF file has its "Shape" and/or "Charts" little bigger or smaller.

For more clarification, please find attached PNG file. and a sample excel file.

Could you please investigate and let us know the outcome of your findings?

Thanks in advance,

Bhavin

Hi,

I can notice the issue as mentioned by you. Can you tell us the version of Aspose.Cells that you are using? We strongly recommend you to use the latest version of Aspose.Cells which you can download from here: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.2.0.7

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I was able to replicate this issue using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.2.0.7

using the following code.

We have logged this issue in our database. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40671.

I have attached the output pdf file for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\OriginalFile.xlsx”;

//Instantiating a Workbook object

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

Hi,

According to the rules of Ms-Excel, the output format files (pdf, xps, html and so on) are not all completely same as Ms-Excel file.

We suggest you may set the border of data label visible to replace the box.

For more detail, you may check the attached zip file.

Hi There,

It has been a while since, I have been to the forums.

Its all renewed interface and everything. I was wondering, what happened to the attachments in the forum (like the supplied sample files, that exhibited problem) ??

Did you guys drop it when migrating over from old to new forum platform?

Cheers, Bhavin

@james.simpson,

Well, we did migrate older forum posts to new Dynamic.Discourse. Since there were lots of forum threads (having attachments with certain sizes). We tried our level best to not to missed out the attachments with threads in the migration process. But, still there is a chance that certain attachments of some threads were missed during this big activity.

Do you really need these attachments of this thread? If so, we will involve respective team and try to get them back.

Thanks for your reply,

If possible, I would like to have all of the post that I have created and where attachments supplied;
Older system had a shortcut something like “My forum posts” which only displayed posts which I have created.

Those attachments in various posts that I have created they were golden sample files for running compatibility as well as performance testing between ASPOSE and SpreadsheetGear; We are licensed users of both libraries and have been getting best out of both. With respect to that “Compatibility” between these libraries become utmost importance to us. And I personally have kept the test files with me but I have lost some during migration.

I am sure, ASPOSE would have their own extensive complex tests. With each problem reported, you have created “Ticket”, my question is “With each ticket created, do you add a new test case to your suite?”

And also, It is unlikely that you would have “Compatibility” tests with other similar vendors.

Also, What is the ETA for the team to get back all the attachments?

Thank you for great support,
Bhavin

@james.simpson,

You may also try using Search options to find out your created posts/threads, etc. in Dynabic.Dicourse forums. Please use the following link to get all your posts:
https://forum.aspose.com/search?expanded=true&q=%40james.simpson
Could you check your threads and let me know for which specific threads are there with missing attachments you need to retrive, we will ask relevant team to try to retrieve the attachments for your mentioned threads.

We have our internal unit test cases and other tools (that we use to evaluate the APIs and issues) and which we continuously enhance when publishing each release and fixes.