Export to powerpoint loses hyperlinks

When I export a report that has hyperlinks in it, the hyperlinks are lost in the PowerPoint export. Is this something that is fixed in the latest release or is this still an issue. Are there any other workarounds / solutions to keeping the hyperlinks active in the exported PPT file?

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and request you to please share the source RDL file by using Adventure Works as data source. Please also provide the exported RPL of the report as well by following these guidelines. Please also provide the generated presentation with missing hyperlinks and PDF export of the same report. I will investigate the issue further on my end once the requested information will be shared. I also request you to please first try using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0 on your end.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the response. If I am understanding your response, you are recommending updating my Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll file to the latest version to see if this resolves the hyperlinks not exporting to PowerPoint issue.

I have downloaded the latest zip file version of the files from your site. When I unzip it I see a file called "Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll" in 3 folders:

/bin/Universal/Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll

/bin/SSRS2005/Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll

/bin/ReportViewer2010/Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll

We are running SSRS 2008 R2 so please tell me which of these 3 files I should use to replace the one on my report server.

Also, does this require restarting reporting services?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Update:

I tried using the Universal version of the dll file. When I replace the one that is currently in there, this new version completely removes the text of the hyperlink, not sure removing the hyperlink action behind the text.

Also, it changes the report to evaluation mode by adding the "Evaluation mode.." watermark across the whole export. Do you know why?

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. I have observed your inquiries and suggest you to first un-install the existing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services instance on your end and then try installing the new version using MSI installer. You can also install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services manually as well for installation on your end. You will find all the details about where to place the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services dll in above links.

Secondly, you have shred that you are getting the evaluation watermark in exported reports. It means that probably your licence subscription has expired before the release of latest Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,