Export to ppt and webdings font issue

Hi Team,

I have an excel file called Sample.xlsx and I’m trying to convert into .png image and add it to a presentation.

In my excel file I need bigger dots (green and red circles). For this I used alphabet ‘n’ and changed its font to Webdings and it was working fine in excel.

But when converting this excel to image I can see it as a shape other than bigger dot.

Could you please suggest me on how to handle these dots (green and red circles).

Also, I cannot see the .png image added to my .pptx file.

Please find attached the java class, excel file that I’m reading, generated .png image and .pptx files for your reference.

Thanks in advance!!!
Sanjeev

Hi Sanjeev,

I have observed the issue shared by you and like to share that you are getting issue while generating the image of worksheet using Aspose.Cells. Therefore, I am moving this thread to Aspose.Cells forum where our respective product support team will assist you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for the template file, screen shot and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your first half of sample code with your template Excel file. It looks like an issue with webdings font in Excel to PDF renderings. The webdings font is installed fine on my Windows/Fonts directory on my pc, I even specified the fonts directory path at the start of my program but to no avail.
e.g
Sample code:

CellsHelper.setFontDir(“C:/Windows/Fonts”);
Workbook book = new Workbook(“Sample.xlsx”);
//Create an object for ImageOptions
ImageOrPrintOptions imgOptions = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
//Set the image type
imgOptions.setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getPng());
//Get the first worksheet.
Worksheet sheet = book.getWorksheets().get(0);
//Create a SheetRender object for the target sheet
SheetRender sr = new SheetRender(sheet, imgOptions);
for (int j = 0; j < sr.getPageCount(); j++)
{
//Generate an image for the worksheet
sr.toImage(j, “f:/files/SampleExcel_” + j + “.png”);
}

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41567” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to update you that your issue “CELLSJAVA-41567” is fixed now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41567) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Dear Amjad Sahi,

The webdings font issue has been fixed in Windows environment.

The webdings font is not working in UNIX environment. In my excel I added a small letter ‘n’ and changed the font to webdings. Then it has changed to smaller circle.

This excel I’m embedding as an OLE in to PPTX. After generating the PPTX if I open I can see some rectangular O/ normal n itself instead of circle.

FYI, the respective webdings.ttf font has been added in the UNIX directory and mapped properly.

Please find the image of the respective rectangular O / normal n symbols instead of circles generated in PPTX and also excel file and code used to convert the XLSX file to PPTX file.

Aplogize for not able to send the PPTX file generated in UNIX environment.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi,

sanjeevkumarambti:

FYI, the respective webdings.ttf font has been added in the UNIX directory and mapped properly.

I guess your issue (regarding webdings font on Unix env.) might be due to the fact that you have not specified font directory path explicitly in your code before using any other APIs in Aspose.Cells. You may copy the webdings.ttf font file into some folder and then explicitly specify the font directory path using Aspose.Cells APIs at the start of you application.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/How+to+Specify+TrueType+Fonts+Location

Let us know if you still have any issue.

PS. We also recommend you to try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version)

Thank you.