Export to Word in Local Mode?

Will your Aspose.Words for Reporting Services add the ability to export to Word using the SQL 2005 ReportViewer in local mode (RDLC)? I assume the answer is "no" as you have developed a rendering extension which i believe requires the SSRS server. It's also my understanding that the ReportViewer does it's own rendering versus the SSRS server in remote mode. Anyway, I thought i'd give it a shot and ask. We use local rendering via ReportViewer in our apps extensively and are dying to get something that will export to Word. If you have some creative work arounds i'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your request. You are correct. For some weird reason Microsoft does not allow to extend export capabilities of Report Viewer working in local mode. The export seems to be hard-coded and that's it. So alas, the answer is no, although we'd be happy to apply our Aspose.Words for Reporting Services product to help you and all other users who need a similar functionality!

I'll try to look for some workaround of course, but I'm afraid it's just not possible. At least I did not find anything giving hope on this point on the Web.