ExportDataTableAsString

Hi. When I use ExportDataTableAsString, it outputs the formatting colors for the cell contents as well as the cell values. For example, I have a cell that’s formatted as a number, with red and parentheses indicating a negative value. When I do ExportDataTableAsString, the cell value returns as: Red instead of (500), which I expect it to be. Is there a hotfix for this?

Thanks.

Deric…

I haven’t actually experienced this problem b/c I’m not reading data from a color-formatted Excel sheet.

But just out of curiosity, how are you grabbing the Cell’s value?

Are you using:

Cell.Value?

or Cell.StringValue?

You might try something like Cell.IntValue or Cell.DoubleValue or something. I noticed those properties in the Aspose.Excel API Reference.

Just a thought
-Steve

The ExportDataTableAsString returns a DataTable. When I write out the rows and columns in the data table that is created, I see the formatting codes.

Hi Deric,

ExceportDataTableAsString method doesn’t export formatting. How do you format the cell? Could you send me your designer file and related code? Thanks.

And you can try the latest hotfix at Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Hi, where can I e-mail you the sample Designer File and code?

I have a sample Worksheet with a column heading and the following 3 rows of data.

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4
Row1 0.2 5.9 -0.8
Row2 0.0 3.3 -5.0
Row3 0.1 1.2 -2.91

Columns 2 through 4 are formatted to be red and parenthesized when the number entered is negative. Column1 and Row (column headings) are bolded.

I simply do a: sheet1.Cells.ExportDataTableAsString() and then write each row’s contents out to the screen, and I will get the following output. Notice the " )" and “[Red]” markings. I tried the hotfix and it produced the same results.

Row1 0.20</em> ) 5.90_)  Red
Row2 0.00_) 3.30_)  Red
Row3 0.10_) 1.20_)  Red

Thanks.

Deric…

I will check it right now. Please email your designer file and code to excel@aspose.com.

Any news on this problem I am seeing?

Sorry, I forget to report back here. It’s fixed. Please download the latest hotfix at Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) .