Exporting docx to pdf Office 2013 support?

I have been trialing the words plugin for the past couple of weeks. I use the software to automate creation of pdfs from word files as its generally superior to using the office dll’s.

On the most part it works well but there are certain features that dont get translated properly over to the pdf, 3D text styling and drop shadow are a couple of them. In most cases it will just not render the effect but in some will completely mess up the layout of the exported pdf so that it’s unusable.

Is this a known issue with some of the features from the new version of word (2013) and are they going to be fixed?

I am creating a number of sites that could be reliant on this software, if these errors are not going to be fixed or if there is not a reasonable way round the problem I wont be able to justify the cost.

Any advice or knowledge about this issue would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Please attach your input Word document, you’re getting this problem with, here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I’ve Attatched an example file. Admittedly the styling isnt great but it’s what the customer needs.

Can you please give me an update on this. I’m looking at using another plugin instead if you cannot fix these bugs.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the additional information. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.4.0, I managed to reproduce the following three issues on my side.

WORDSNET-8251: Word art style 22 is not preserved during rendering to PDF
WORDSNET-8252: Image rotation is getting lost during rendering to fixed page formats
WORDSNET-8253: Images are overlapping and rendering to previous pages in PDF

Your request has also been linked to these issues and you will be notified as soon as these issues are resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8251) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8252) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@GrizzlyWeb,

We have good news for you i.e. WORDSNET-8253 has now been resolved. The fix of this issue will be included in the 19.10 (next version) of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the next version containing the fix of your issue will be released at the start of next month.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8253) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.10 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.10 update.