Exporting Excel to PDF does not support Arabic texts in charts

Hi,
After trying the trial version 19.1 understood that Aspose.Cells support right-to-left languages like Arabic that we want in exporting Excel to PDF except for Charts.
It means if you have Arabic texts in charts of your Excel file and export it to PDF, the Arabic texts do not exported correctly. Each character represents as upper case. For example if you have سلام in the chart, you will see س ل ا م.
Type of the chart does not matter.

Good to know that I tried MS Excel 2016 exporting an excel(That contains Arabic in sheets and charts) to PDF with SaveAs dialog. It works fine.

Is it possible to fix this problem? If yes, when?
Actually my company wants to buy this product and our projects deal with a lot of excel files contain charts.

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

Thanks for the details.

We added your shared Arabic string “سلام” in a cell of the sheet having chart too, It seems Ok in the output PDF. See the attached input and output file in the archive. Also, you should have relevant font (used in the workbook) installed (e.g “Arial” font) which contains lots of Arabic chars

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells v19.3.x if you are not already using it. If you still find the issue, please share you sample file, we will check it soon.
files1.zip (30.7 KB)

Hi Amjad_Sahi,

Thanks for your reply.
I meant Arabic strings inside a chart(as label or value or legend or etc…) not cells. cells are okay.

make sense?

@mkarimpour,

Please provide us your template file and output PDF file, you may zip the files prior attaching here, we will check it soon.

Hi,
Actually the problem is in Radar charts.
Please ArabicBook.zip (56.9 KB)

@mkarimpour,

Thanks for the template file.

After an initial test I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF file format. I found by exporting Excel file to PDF does not render Arabic texts precisely in the chart, the cells are Ok though. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46677” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank for your effort.
Yes, The cells and the other kind of charts are okay except for Radar charts.

@mkarimpour,

Thanks for the details. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@mkarimpour,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46677”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@mkarimpour,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.3.6 (attached)
Your issue should be fixed in it.
Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.3.6 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.3.6 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your great support.
I am going to test the provided files .Net 2.0 version actually, because we are using .Net Core in our applications.

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

If you are using .NET Core framework, I am a afraid common .NET 2.0 fix might not work on it. So, you got to wait 1-2 days as we are scheduled to release our next official release of the product (i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.4 (which will include the library for .NET Standard which you can use)). You will also be notified here once the release is published on both Downloads section and Nuget repos.

Keep in touch.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your reply. I tested it with an .NET 4 Console application and it works fine. Great!
So we are waiting for v19.4 that contains .Net Core libs.

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

Thanks for the feedback. We will notify you once the release will be published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46677) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.4. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

Hi,
Awesome release!
I am going to test it again in a .NET CORE app. Let you know the result.

mehdy

@mkarimpour,

Please take your time to evaluate the .NET Core library. If you find any issue, let us know with details. We will check it soon.

Hi Amjad,

Sure and Thanks.

@mkarimpour,

You are welcome.