Exporting ppt files with Notes Pages

Hello,

Could someone provide me instructions on how to export presentations as notes pages as PDFs. In PowerPoint, this options in accessed via:

Export -> PDF -> Options -> dropdown[Publish What] -> dropdown[Notes Pages]

I’ve been digging through the API and haven’t found anything in regards to that. The only options I have found are NotesPagesMasters, which only allow to manipulate how the notes pages look, but not to enable them for printing. I also looked around the PdfOptions class and haven’t found anything there that would fix the issue when saving to PDF.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could show me the direction on where to look for a solution.

I am using Java API for Slides. The latest one since yesterday.

Thank you!

Hi Laimis,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides allows to export the presentation to PDF with notes. Please visit this documentation link to serve the purpose in this regard. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for such a fast response.

Yes, this is the way I tried at first, just as in the example.

Here is my code:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“test.ppt”);
pres.save(“Test2.pdf”, SaveFormat.PdfNotes);

It outputs a file that is 1 kilobyte in size and doesn’t open, obviously.
The following code however, works perfectly fine.

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“test.ppt”);
pres.save(“Test2.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

I also tried using the straight integer value of 12 instead of “SaveFormat.PdfNotes”, but to no avail.

Any idea on this bug? The code I used is the exact code I provided.

The API I’m using is the Free Java Slides API that I downloaded yesterday from your website. It is not the temporary licence one. I’m also using Java 1.8.

Regards,

Laimis

Hi Laimis,

I have observed your comments and request you to please share the sample code, source presentation and generated PDF with us. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out once the requested information will be shared for investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hello,

Here is the information you requested. Test1.pdf is a simple save to Pdf. Test2 is a save to PdfNotes.

Regards,

Laimis Dalke

Hi Laimis Dalke,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34964 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,