We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Exporting PPTX to PPT problem

Hi,

We need to export Office 2007 documents to Office 2003. We are successfully able to export DOCX and XLSX to DOC and XLS respectively. But we are not able to export PPTX to PPT.

We are using PresentationEx.Save(fileName, exportFormat) method for doing the export. It throws an exception saying it is not implemented yet.

Can we know on when this feature will be available to use?

Thanks,

Vedang Purohit

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

We regret to inform you that currently feature of exporting a PPTX presentation to PPT is unavailable. An Issue with ID 13419 has already been created in our Issue Tracking System to look in to the possibility of the feature. This thread is also associated with this issue, so that you can automatically notified when the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks for your prompt response on this issue.

Also can we know a tentative ETA on when this feature will be available in Aspose.Slides. This is because we are planning to build a functionality in our product which requries this feature. So if we know a tentative time we can plan accordingly.

Thanks,

Vedang Purohit

Hi Vedang,

The facility of this feature shall be supported expectedely in after summer release.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13419) have been partially fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)

I have just downloaded the latest version for evaluation purposes and the following code still throws an exception with the message "This export format is not implemented for PPT yet."

PresentationEx sourcePresentation = new PresentationEx(sourceFilenamePPTX);<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

sourcePresentation.Save(destinationFilenamePPT, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppt);

Does this feature still not work?

Hello Dear,

I regret to share that at the moment only PPT to PPTX conversion has been supported in Aspose.Slides for .NET. The support for PPTX to PPT conversion is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please proceed to this link for further information about the feature.

Thanks and Regards,

I just tried this with version of 5.8.0 and am still getting “This export format is not implemented for PPT yet”. When doing presentation.Save(ppt, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx).

Am I missing something?

Hi Jason,

If you are trying to save as PPTX using Presentation class then I regret to share that accessing or saving as PPTX using Presentation class is not supported. However, you can access the PPT using PresentationEx class. If there is still ambiguity then kindly share the source presentation along with the code snippet used.

Many Thanks,

I’m getting a different exception when trying to do this now. I’m not going to continue to try to investigate this issue if the original question I asked on a different post can be solved.

Hi Jason,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. You may please share the issue with all necessary details and sample data in separate forum thread. I will try to help you out any way possible.

Many Thanks,