Exporting tables in SSRS to tables PPT

Hi There,

I've been using Aspose.Slides to export from SSRS to PPT and its been working great. One of the questions I'm getting from management is can we export tables as tables instead of individually formatted text boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Parag

Hello dear,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I am sorry to inform you that this feature is currently not available in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.9.0. However, we have logged a new feature request as SLIDESREP-26193 in our issue tracking system. You will be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Dear,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I like to have a little clarification here. The issue that you have shared has actually been raised by another customer before. Actually, it is not an issue with Aspose.Slides and the behavior that you have observed is absolutely correct. Unfortunately the functionality of PowerPoint’s tables is not enough for correct reports exporting. So, each cell is exported as separate shape. Hope it resolves your issue.

For more details elaboration and work around method, please visit this thread link.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi There,

I read the post reffered to above, do you have any samples of how the previous version exported the tables to PPT? Also if that looks good enough for us can we get a new .dll that allows us to do that?

Thanks,

Parag

Hi Prag,

I regret to share that unfortunately we don't have any samples available for the older product versions. Also, as I have mentioned earlier that since MS PowerPoint lacks this capability, so things may not work for you. Plus we always suggest to use the latest available product versions because the latest versions have fix for all related issues resolve till the day of product release. The older product versions may have some other short comings, so things will not work for you probably. Hope it clears the query.

Thanks and Regards,