ExportXML with XML Map throwing NullReferenceException

@nicolas.realini,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue by using your newly template file with latest version/fix. I found that ExportXml with XML Map is throwing “NullReferenceException”. I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSNET-50293” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

@Amjad_Sahi
Many thanks for the update. When you find the cause of the bug, could you share it with us? We would like to see if it were possible to modify the Excel file to make it work with the current version of Aspose.Cells as a temporary workaround.

Best Regards,
Nicolas

Sure, we will share the main cause of the issue (if possible). Please spare us little time to evaluate your issue thoroughly first.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

1 Like

@nicolas.realini,

For the user’s question:

Many thanks for the update. When you find the cause of the bug, could you share it with us? We would like to see if it were possible to modify the Excel file to make it work with the current version of Aspose.Cells as a temporary workaround.

It is because of multi-levels of custom complexType are used. e.g. One element uses a custom complexType as type, and the complexType uses another complexType as type. In current version(v22.1), only one level of custom complexType is supported.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Thank you for the explaination. Using only a single level of complexType should work as a workaround then.
Do you have any plans to support multiple levels of complexType in a future release of Aspose.Cells?

Best Regards,
Nicolas

We will get back to you with details soon.

@nicolas.realini,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been fixed. The fix will be included in our upcoming release v22.2. The next release will be published in the second week of February, 2022, it will include support multiple levels of custom complexType.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Thank you for the update and the quick fix! We look forward to test this as soon as the release 22.2 is available.

Best Regards,
Nicolas

@nicolas.realini,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-50293) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi