We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Expport Visio diagram to .vdx format not working

Hello

I am using Aspose Diagram for java

Issue 1: When I try to save PAGE within Visio Document (.vsdx) file to .vdx(Vsio Drawing Xml Format) fill formats of shapes as well as Text within shapes is not getting displayed in correct way.

Issue 2: if I try to save page within visio diagram to .vsx blank document with master shapes added is getting created.

PFA

Source visio document: Demo.vsdx
Outputvdx.vdx file
Outputvsx.vsx file
Source Code file DiagramToVdx.java
Hi Shubhi,

Thank you for contacting support.
shubhi15sood:
Issue 1: When I try to save PAGE within Visio Document (.vsdx) file to .vdx(Vsio Drawing Xml Format) fill formats of shapes as well as Text within shapes is not getting displayed in correct way.
We managed to replicate the problem of not preserving the style of the shapes (fill formats). We have logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50242 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue. We'll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In reference of the mingled characters of the shape text, please set the font scale of the Char element before saving it in the VDX file format. Sample code: shape.getChars().get(0).getFontScale().setValue(1);
shubhi15sood:
Issue 2: if I try to save page within visio diagram to .vsx blank document with master shapes added is getting created.
Please note, the VSX is an XML stencil format. It holds masters of the shapes. Microsoft Office Visio 2013 no longer supports the VSX format. Could you please elaborate a bit more about the use case and why you need to save it in the VSX format?

Please let us know in case of any confusion or questions.

Hello

Even after setting font scale of each shape while copying the page within Visio Document Font is still not coming in correct way in both .vdx as well as .vtx format.

PFA :
Source Code file: FontsMingle.java
Input diagram :DemoGroup.vsdx
Output Files in Vdx as well as .vtx format.

Regards
Shubhi

Hi Shubhi,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note, using the latest version 5.8.0 of the Aspose.Diagram for .NET API, all the shape’s text characters are visible. However, we managed to replicate the problems of missing style, invisible boundaries and incorrect direction of the shape’s text. We’ve logged these issues as follows:

Output format: VDX
DIAGRAMJAVA-50253 - Copying a Visio diagram page does not preserve shapes completely
Output format: VTX
DIAGRAMJAVA-50254 - Copying a Visio diagram page does not preserve shapes completely

Your post has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Shubhi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50242 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.0.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Shubhi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50253 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50254 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.0.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50242;DIAGRAMJAVA-50253;DIAGRAMJAVA-50254) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.0.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.