External Hyperlink causes security warning message in Powerpoint 2007

Hi,

I tried to create external hyperlink with Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.8.0. The link was created but I received a security warning message when opening the PPT file.

Below are the code I used to create the external link:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“Test.ppt”);

while (pres.Slides[0].Shapes.Count > 0)
pres.Slides[0].Shapes.RemoveAt(0);

Shape shape = pres.Slides[0].Shapes.AddRectangle(500, 500, 200, 100);
shape.LineFormat.ShowLines = true;
shape.FillFormat.Type = FillType.Solid;
shape.ClearLink();
shape.AddLink().SetExternalHyperlink(“http://google.com”);

pres.Write(“Test.ppt”);

I saw many threads about this security warning issue
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/271287/hyperlink-causes-security-notice-in-powerpoint-2010/showthread.aspx#271287
<a href="Security error while adding Aspose.Slide.Link into presentation- in office 2010

I am not sure whether my facing issue is the one that have never had a fix or did I do something incorrectly.

Hi Thanh,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with you code snippet using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.0.0 and have not been able to observe the issue while opening the generated presentation in PowerPoint 2010. For your kind reference, I have also shared the generated presentation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for quick response. I still encounter the same problem when trying with v6.0.0. It seems the issue is about some specific links.

I used following code to create the PPT. I also attached here my generated PPT file.

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“Test.ppt”);

while (pres.Slides[0].Shapes.Count > 0)
pres.Slides[0].Shapes.RemoveAt(0);

Shape shape;
shape = pres.Slides[0].Shapes.AddRectangle(500, 500, 1000, 200);
shape.ClearLink();
shape.AddLink().SetExternalHyperlink(“AAA (computer security) - Wikipedia”);
shape = pres.Slides[0].Shapes.AddRectangle(633, 1042, 53, 80);
shape.ClearLink();
shape.AddLink().SetExternalHyperlink(“Network switching subsystem - Wikipedia”);

Hi Thanh,

I have worked with the issue shared by you and have also observed the shared presentation. The issue arise if we add more than one hyperlink in slide. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33279 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33279) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.