We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

External link containing special character #, is not escaped by Aspose but Excel does

Hi,
The External link target of the attached XLSB file is “Test-Source%20File%23.xls”
When converting this file to XLSM using Aspose.cells, it is changed to “Test-Source%20File#.xls”
This link can be read by navigating to the “\xl\externalLinks_rels” path and opening the file in it.
Can we make this consistent please.
Test-File-NamedRange-Reference.zip (9.0 KB)

@vedavyas.velaga,

Thanks for the template file.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template XLSB to XLSM. I found external link containing special character “#” which is not escaped by Aspose.Cells APIs:
e.g.
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\Test-File-NamedRange-Reference.xlsb");
workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.xlsm", Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsm);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-51427” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@vedavyas.velaga,\

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. The fix will be included in the (upcoming) release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.7), which is scheduled to be published in the second week of July 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.