We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extra blank space between detail and page footer

Hi,

We have application, which should generate PDF or DOCX files. We use JasperReport to create layout of files. We have licence Aspose.Words Product Family and use Aspose for Jasper as exporter to DOCX.

We faced with visual problem - extra blank space after table with data in detail section and page footer, which lead to shifting page footer to the next page and we get not similar result as in PDF. We can't use any export parameters as suggested here https://docs.aspose.com/display/wordsjasperreports/Configuring+the+Export , because of "page break" policy and "print when expression" conditions. How can i escape from shifting page footer problem ? Thanks.

Best regards,
Igor Filler

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please ZIP and attach your input/output documents (jrxml/pdf/rtf/docx files) and source code here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thank you for quick responce. Please take a look to attached .zip. There you can find script PdfToDocxIssues, which generate files into “output” folder in PDF /DOCX. I exclude license file from script, please set parameter AW_LICENSE_PATH. We use library aspose for jasper from here: https://downloads.aspose.com/words/jasperreports/new-releases/aspose.words-for-jasperreports-17.3.0/
PDF files are expected result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Igor Filler

Hi Igor,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, we are getting exception (Class not found when loading object from file) while exporting the shared .jrprint to PDF and DOCX.

Please share the JasperReports version that you are using and correct .jrprint file to reproduce this issue at our end. Please also share the problematic DOCX and expected output PDF.

We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Tahir.

Please, take a look to attached .zip with expected PDF and problematic DOCX.

We use version of JasperReports - 6.3.0.

I have done following steps and haven’t caught any exception:
1.Set parameter AW_LICENSE_PATH with location of license.
2.Open console where pom.xml is located:
Run several commands:
2.1 mvn clean
2.2 mvn compile
2.3 mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="PdfToDocxIssues"
Please let me know, if you come across with any problems. Thank you.

Best regards,
Igor Filler
Hi Igor,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-219. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.