Extra Checkbox and "Check Box" text appearing after download

We have an application which manages file storage for users, so a simple upload and download style system. We are having issues with Excel concerning checkboxes. The check boxes are appearing as they should but with a duplicate checkbox right next to them and with the actual work “Checkbox” next to them. The following is the code snippet in how we are using the Aspose cells package.

public void Initialize(Stream dataStream)
{
var license = new License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);
_workbook = new Workbook(dataStream);
}
and then just saving it.
public void SaveFile(Stream output)
{
_workbook.Save(output, new XlsSaveOptions(_saveFormat));
}
If I go and grab the file directly from our storage, it shows the values as they were when it was uploaded, so we figured it was part of the download that was altering it and only part I could think was the creation of a new workbook. Any thoughts? Thanks. If you need a test file, let me know and I’ll see about making one up for you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Your code looks good so it might be some bug. Please share your excel file so that we could look into this issue at our end.

Please download and try the following latest version

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.7 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.7 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

Here is the file in question, notice it has quite a few check boxes. After downloading using aspose, most if not all of the checkboxes have the issue described. Thanks for the quick response.

Hi,

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45086 - Extra Checkbox and “Check Box” text appearing after resaving the excel file

I have also attached the output excel file generated by the code for a reference.

C#
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“BKB-6059+Zywave+Example.xlsx”);
wb.Save(“output.xlsx”);

Thanks, I got the same file from my output, I thought there would be more instances of the “Checkbox” text and I can see if I can get a file with better examples if needed. Also I thought it good to mention that I get it on my machine but my coworker who is on windows 10 (like I do) with the same test case(same file), and with same version of excel even does not see the checkbox text at all when they download the file. We are still trying to determine the difference in our machines and/or Excel settings.

Hi,

If you save the workbook in xls format not in xlsx format, then it gives correct output. I have attached the output excel (xls) file for your reference.

C#
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“BKB-6059+Zywave+Example.xlsx”);
wb.Save(“output.xls”);

I see that this is a possible solution but being that “.xlsx” is the newer version, and that we use it to have access to new features that didn’t exist in “.xls”, if we have all the files just output to the older format, it could actually have negative affects on the formatting of some of the files. We would like to download the file as the “.xlsx” format to maintain these formats. Is there a way that this could be fixed for that version of file?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your comments/thoughts.

We are sorry that the workaround does not work for your scenario. As we told you earlier, your original issue (“CELLSNET-45086”) was already logged into our database. Our concerned developer from product team will evaluate your issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will share it with you immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.8 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.8 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

That fixed works! Thanks for the quick response, however do you know when it will be available through Nuget? I would rather reference it through there than to have to include it directly in my project. The latest version I see in Nuget is the 17.1.0 version for Aspose.Cells.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.8. For your information, Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.8 is a hotfix. The hotfixes can be directly used for production, these versions will behave like the official releases of the product which will have all the functionality (full fledged) of Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.0 till this fix. We normally provide quick fixes (interim releases) into support forums for the users against their issues, so they do not have to wait much to get the fix of their issues. However, our next official release of the product i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.2.0 (which will also include the functionality of this fix) will be scheduled to be released in the mid of this month (February 2017). Once we publish a release into the Downloads section, we then publish the same version on Nuget repo. for the users.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45086) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45086) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)