We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extra column in HTML output of excel document

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Cells 8.5.2
On converting the attached excel to HTML, I get the attached output where the HTML table has one blank column extra.

workbook.save(“D:\temp\out.html”, SaveFormat.HTML);

HTML output:

Actually there exists a table ‘Table1’ that has two columns A & B as per which the HTML output should not have this third column.

Can you please verify.

Thanks,
Jaspreet

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found an extra column in the HTML output of Excel document in Excel to HTML conversion via Aspose.Cells APIs. If I manually save the Excel file to HTML in MS Excel, it does not generate the extra column entry as you have pointed out. I used the following sample code with your template Excel file:
e.g
Sample code:

License license = new License();
license.setLicense(“Aspose.Cells.lic”);

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“book2.xls”);

Worksheet sheet = wb.getWorksheets().get(“Sheet1”);

wb.getWorksheets().setActiveSheetIndex(sheet.getIndex());

// export the worksheet

HtmlSaveOptions options = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML);

options.setExportActiveWorksheetOnly(true);
//options.setExportBogusRowData(false);

wb.save(“f:\files\out1Book2.htm”, options);

Source problematic area in the exported HTML:

-----------> extra column inserted.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41471” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to update you that we have fixed your issue logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-41471”. We will soon provide the fix here after ensuring the quality & incorporating other enhancements.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41471) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.