Extra columns in HTML output

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Cells-8.6.3
While generating the HTML output of a table, an extra column appears in the output. Number pof columns are 11 whereas in html generated the no of columns(td elements in each row) are 12.

If I use MS Excel save as option to save table “BIG4_VALUATION” (B3:L14) as html, it returns correct number of columns which is 11.

Here is the source code to copy range to new worksheet & save as html.

//The sheet being used in “DB_Tables”.
Range sourceRange = selectedWorksheet.getCells().createRange(“B3:L14”);

Workbook targetWorkbook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.XLSX);
WorksheetCollection targetWsc = targetWorkbook.getWorksheets();
com.aspose.cells.Worksheet targetWs = (com.aspose.cells.Worksheet)targetWsc.get(0);
Range targetRange = targetWs.getCells().createRange(0, 0, sourceRange.getRowCount(), sourceRange.getColumnCount());

PasteOptions options = new PasteOptions();
options.setPasteType(PasteType.ALL);

targetRange.copy(sourceRange, options);

File htmlFile = new File(“C:/temp/AposeGenerated.htm”);
targetWorkbook.save(htmlFile.getAbsolutePath(), SaveFormat.HTML);

Can you look into this priority. This is reported by customer in production environment.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that extra columns are added for each row in the output HTML file by Aspose.Cells APIs (there are extra “” elements when viewing the source of HTML file). I used the following sample code with your template XLSM file:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“ExtraColumnIssue.xlsm”);
Worksheet selectedWorksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(“DB_Tables”);

//The sheet being used in “DB_Tables”.
Range sourceRange = selectedWorksheet.getCells().createRange(“B3:L14”);

Workbook targetWorkbook = new Workbook(FileFormatType.XLSX);
WorksheetCollection targetWsc = targetWorkbook.getWorksheets();
com.aspose.cells.Worksheet targetWs = (com.aspose.cells.Worksheet)targetWsc.get(0);
Range targetRange = targetWs.getCells().createRange(0, 0, sourceRange.getRowCount(), sourceRange.getColumnCount());

PasteOptions options = new PasteOptions();
options.setPasteType(PasteType.ALL);

targetRange.copy(sourceRange, options);

HtmlSaveOptions htmlSaveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions();
htmlSaveOptions.setExportBogusRowData(false);

targetWorkbook.save(“f:\files\out1.html”, htmlSaveOptions);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41702” for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for logging the issue for the same.

Just to inform you - this issue is reported by one of our customers in their production environment with HIGH severity level as the final and desired output of such data is not being rendered because of the incorrect data structure.
This is something which was working fine in previous versions and is broken in some recent release of Aspose Cells.

Since it has high severity, can you please provide a fix for this ASAP?

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

We do understand you concerns. We will try to figure out your issue “CELLSJAVA-41702” soon (if possible) as we normally do unless for complex issues. I have logged your concerns and ask the relevant developer from product team to provide an update on it or an eta if it takes more time.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

Hello,

Any update on this?
As told earlier too, this has very high severity level so please let me now when should be expect a fix for this?

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

I am afraid, product team hasn’t shared any ETA for the mentioned issue however, we have increased the priority of the ticket and requested the concerned member of the product team to share the ETA. As soon as we get any news, we will share it here for your kind reference.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hi,

Our product team is working over your issue and we are hopeful that we will provide you the fixed version before the end of this week.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41702) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.