Extra page added when converting Word document to PDF

I am not sure whether this is the right forum to put this into. This may either be an issue in Aspose.Words or Aspose.PDF. What is happening is that I have tmeplates set up to use the full page in word. When it is converted to PDF, there is a blank page added to the end of the document. I am not sure if the issue is in creating the XML file or creating the PDF from the XML file.
I am using the following code.

Dim oWord As Aspose.Words.Document = New Aspose.Words.Document(sTemplatePath)
oWord.Save(sXMLPath, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.AsposePdf)
Dim oPDF As New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf
oPDF.BindXML(sXMLPath, Nothing)
oPDF.Save(sPDFPath)

Also I am attaching the test Word document and the PDF that is created by the conversion.
Thanks for your time.

Hi

Thanks for your request. I cannot reproduce the problem using the latest version of Aspose.Words (6.6.0). You can download this version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

I am using Version 6.6.0.0 and this happens with every file that I try. Are you using different code or is there a new version of Aspose.PDF. The version of Aspose.PDF I am using is 4.1.0.0.

Hi

Thanks for your request. I tested your document with Aspose.Words 6.6.0 and Aspose.Pdf 4.0.0 the problem does not occur, soI suppose it’s some kind of regression Aspose.Pdf 4.1.0. Currently Aspose.Words supports two ways of PDF conversion: direct conversion (without using Aspose.Pdf) and legacy conversion (Aspose.Words+Aspose.Pdf). See the following link for more information:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/
So, you can try using new method to convert your document to PDF. Here is the code:

Document doc = new Document("in.doc");
doc.SaveToPdf("out.pdf");

In this case the output PDF document looks much better.
Best regards,

This does keep the PDF to one page, but has other issues. For one, the formatting on the body of the file was changed. The word document had text that was displayed vertically, the pdf changed that to horizontal. Also, empty form fields show up as a bunch of squares (non-printable characters). This is why I was using the step of saving it to XML first.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I linked your request to the appropriate issues, you will be notified as soon as the problems are fixed. But as an option for now you can try downgrading Aspose.Pdf to 4.0.0 version.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6840;7770) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.