Extra Revisions When A Set of Pages Deleted From Document

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose Document.compare API. I am trying to test a scenario where a set of contiguous pages deleted from the sample document.

I am seeing couple of issues while testing this scenario:

1. I am seeing some extra revisions in the comparison document which does not seem to be correct.

2. Infact, seeing some insertions for the pages deleted. The Aspose generated revision document looks different than MS Word generated comparison document.

3. Encountered an exception while comparison:

Exception Class: class java.lang.ClassCastException
Exception Message: com.aspose.words.Style cannot be cast to com.aspose.words.TableStyle

The code used is given below:

Document doc1=new Document(“10k.docx”);
Document doc2=new Document(“Doclet_Deletion.docx”);<br>try{
doc1.compare(doc2,“Manisha”,new Date());
}catch(Exception e){
System.out.println("Exception Class: "+e.getClass());
System.out.println("Exception Message: "+e.getMessage());
}
doc1.save(“rev_Doclet_Deletion.docx”);
Please find the sample documents, Aspose generated and MS generated compare documents in attachments. I also attached some snapshots which can illustrate the above mentioned issues better. In all the snapshots, left side is MS Word Compare document and right side is Aspose Compare document.

Please look into this issue and let me know if you need more information on this.

Thanks
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Thanks for your
inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the
same exception issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this
problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12368. I have linked
this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this
forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We will check the document comparison issue when this issue is resolved and update you via this forum thread. We apologize for your
inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12368) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.