Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extract text from VISIO files

Hello,

We are interested in extracting text content from VISIO files with aspose diagram product. Can you give me a demo to extract text content from VSDX and VDX file?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lori,

Thank you for contacting support. Yes, we can extract text from the Visio diagram using Aspose.Diagram API. Please refer to the following help topics:

For .NET Platform:
Extract Plain Text from the Visio Diagram Page

For Java Platform:
Extract Plain Text from the Visio Diagram Page

Please note, the evaluation version has some limitations. You can get a 30 day temporary license. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Diagram API and apply a valid license.

Please also refer to the following URLs: Applying a License for Aspose.Diagram for .NET library, Applying a License for Aspose.Diagram for Java library, Download Aspose APIs

We hope, this helps. Please let us know in case of any confusion or questions.

It appears that the link for .NET does not lead anywhere. Can you direct me somewhere else? I am trying to read the plan text from a shape object and I am not able to see the text while debugging. I only see an empty string. I am not confident I am getting the shape text I desire.

@susanktuvell

Thanks for contacting support.

Please visit following link for information about extracting text from Diagram Pages:

Extract Plain Text from Visio Diagram Pages