Extracting all of the media content

Hi

We would like to use Aspose.Slides to convert powerpoint presentations to our custom format. That means we need to extract all of the media content.

Also we were able to export all slides as JPEG’s easily and fast but the problem occurred if i tried to export other media formats. I found that neither slide (Aspose.Slide.ISlide) is pointing to owned media elements or video / audio collection’s element is not saying where the content is from (slide index / number property is missing).

Powerpoint also supports Youtube or embedded code. Not sure about the embedded code but i definitely can get Youtube url via Microsoft.Interop.Powerpoint. Is there any way to get this kind of content with Aspose.Slides ?

Hi Rasmus,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides supports working with both embedded videos and linked videos (Video Frame|Aspose.Slides Documentation). What I have perceived from your question is that you need to extract the video from presentation but it is not recognized that in which slide the video has been referenced. I like to add here that you need to traverse through every shape inside every slide. During traversing, you need to check if the shape is video frame. When you find a video frame then validate if it is an embedded or linked video frame. If it is an embedded video frame you can get the video ID associated with that video frame and extract the video data in binary format from Presentation.Videos collection using that ID as index. This way you will get the information about the slide number as well as the shape reference to which the video is associated. I hope this will clarify the concept to you. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi

That’s great that the functionality is available. Although mining the information seems to be very similar to Microsoft.Interop.Powerpoint. I’m still not sure that it is good idea to replicate this poorly designed access logic to Aspose.Slides.

It would be much more logical and nicer to have some linking described previously, but its just my opinion.

Hi Rasmus,

You may please devise approach on your end based on my suggestion and share with us if there is any incurring issue on your end.

Many Thanks,