Extracting text from pdf

Hi

We are developing a J2EE based web application and one of the requirement is to extract specific data from pdf files and images. I was evaluating Aspose for fulfilling the purpose, however most of the samples that I ran was only printing "Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2015 Aspose Pty Ltd.".

Now, I want to understand if we want to read from pdf files & images real time then should I be using OCR or PDF version of Aspose library? Secondly, while reading from pdf we realized that data that we are trying to find out is a number so I can only have a text in that same line that I can search for and in row I need to find out a number.

Can you please let me know if Aspose can be right library for us?

Thanks
Ashwani

Hi Ashwani,

ashwaniarora:
We are developing a J2EE based web application and one of the requirement is to extract specific data from pdf files and images. I was evaluating Aspose for fulfilling the purpose, however most of the samples that I ran was only printing “Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2015 Aspose Pty Ltd.”.

Please request for a 30 day temporary license in order to evaluate the Aspose APIs without any restriction. Once you have received the license via an email, you have to set the license in your application. In case the problem as mentioned above persists even after setting the license then we need your sample document files for further investigation.

ashwaniarora:
Now, I want to understand if we want to read from pdf files & images real time then should I be using OCR or PDF version of Aspose library?

You will be needing Aspose.Pdf & Aspose.OCR API to extract the text from PDF & images. Please note, Aspose.Pdf APIs allows you to extract the text from the complete document or specific pages of the PDF file whereas the Aspose.OCR APIs can only accept raster images as input and perform recognition operation.

ashwaniarora:
Secondly, while reading from pdf we realized that data that we are trying to find out is a number so I can only have a text in that same line that I can search for and in row I need to find out a number.

Please elaborate your requirement as stated above so we could analyze it to suggest you a solution.