Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extraction not happening proplery While converting embbed rtf document attachment have pdf to pdf/a

Hi Team,

We need to convert embedded rtf document (Which have a attachment PDF file) to pdf/a.

During the extraction process i have noticed attachment file extention coming as .bin instead of .pdf,even i proceed the further to see final results ,What observed finally is we have two files one is rtf as a pdf/a file and other one is .bin ,i was trying to open .bin file ,it was saying that file is corrupted.

Same thing you can repiclate from your end just have a one rft file with attachment of pdf file try to convert it to pdf/a.

Could you please advise How to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hi Phani,


Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario with a sample PDF document having embedded rtf and unable to replicate the issue. I have extracted the embedded rtf using Aspose.Pdf and converted that resultant rtf to PDFA1b using Aspose.Words.

It seems it is some file specific issue, we will appreciate it if you please share your input/output files and sample code here. So we will look into it and guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Thanks for rpelay .Did you tested it same way what i explained because i can't upload any input /output files its protocal

Can you please try once again the way i explained to replicate the issue .

Let meknow please

Thank you .

Hi Phani,


Thanks for sharing the details.

As per our understanding, you have embedded PDF file inside .RTF file and converting it to PDF/A format using Aspose.Words and then trying to extract attachment from resultant PDF/A using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Can you please share the resultant PDF/A generated at your end and also please share the code snippet which can help us in replicating the issue in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.