We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Extreme Slowness / Server hangs up when using remote data source


Not sure if this issue has been reported before, but I didn’t find it using the search function.

Essentially, we used to have the data source copied over to our reporting server… therefore have the source DB for SSRS reports (mixture of PDF and PPT) and the SSRS service itself running on the same machine. The would work for the most part and sometimes cause the SSRS service to hang, albeit slowly (see numbers below).
In trying to optimize server resources, we decided to use the source DB as-is on the original server, and point SSRS to use that.
Using this method, PDF reports (that did not use Aspose) worked fine but PPT reports (that we use Aspose.Slides for) became extremely slow (see numbers below) and hang with a ‘rendering error’ after about 50 reports.

We seem to be at a loss to explain why this is happening. We’d ideally like to keep all data sources on the original DB server, but PPT reports not working seems to be a major roadblock.
Is this a known issue? Are there any hotfixes etc. to try? If any logs etc. would help, please suggest.


Execution Times:
Pointing to local data source
PDF reports (1020 total) - 13 mins
PPT reports (128 total) - 6 mins

Pointing to remote data source
PDF reports (1020 total) - 12.5 mins
PPT reports (128 total) - 15 mins (hangs after executing 50 reports)

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the scenario shared by you and have discussed with our development team. We need to investigate this on our end and for this I have created an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33385 in our issue tracking system as investigation to further investigate this. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the investigation will be carried by our development team and some feedback is shared in this regard.

Many Thanks,