Fail to Load PPT File when Running Multithread with Aspose.Slides for .NET

@dunghnguyen,
Thank you for the issue description. I reproduced the problem and got the same error. I logged the issue with ID SLIDESNET-42809 in our tracking system. Our development team will continue the investigation. You will be notified when it is fixed.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov,

Can you please share the status of this issue?
Has the root cause been figured out? If not, is the issue prioritized now?

Best regards,
Dung

@dunghnguyen,
Our developers are still working on the issue. Some of the causes of the problem have already been identified. I requested information from our development team.

@dunghnguyen,
Unfortunately, the issue has been postponed due to other priority issues. ETA is not earlier than 2022’Q1. You can contact Paid Support to escalate the priority for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@Andrey_Potapov,

Do we have a promise that the issue is fixed if we buy a paid support package?
The issue has been there since 2017. If there is a promise from Aspose, we can consider to pay for paid support.

Thanks,
Dung

@dunghnguyen,
I have requested information from our development team for you. I will let you know soon.

1 Like

@dunghnguyen,
Could you please clarify your delivery time expectations for resolving this issue?

Hi @Andrey_Potapov,

We hope that the issue can be fixed in Q4 2021.

Regards,
Dung

@dunghnguyen,
I passed your requirement to our developers. I will reply to you as soon as possible.

@dunghnguyen,
The issue has already been resolved. The fix will be included in Aspose.Slides 21.12.

Thank you so much for wonderful news.

We have waited for this issue so long time :(. I cannot wait to see Aspose.Slides.21.12.

Thanks a lot again.

Best regards,
Dung

@dunghnguyen,
It just remains for me to suggest you to contact Paid Support for requesting a special build with a hotfix for you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42809) have been fixed in this update.

Hi team,

I tested the situation again with the new Aspose Slides 21.12. But the issue didn’t seem to be fixed.

For details, I ran test with a dataset of 500 PPT files, with Aspose Slides 21.12, things working normally with single or low number of threads, but when the thread pool starting to increase (4 or above), the exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object started to appear again.

Inspecting the stack trace of the exception, I found that it occurred inside the Aspose.Slides.GradientFormat() function as below:
image.png (37.6 KB)

This is the tool I used to test: TestingTool_21.12.zip - Google Drive
(Syntax: LoadPptFile.exe <input PPT/PPS dir path> <output dir path> <type (ppt/pps)> <thread pool size (>0)>)

Hope you could reproduce and investigate it. Thank you.

Regards,

@dunghnguyen,
Thank you for your tests. I’ve reproduced the problem with saving presentations in multi-threaded mode and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-42985 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will continue investigating this case. We will inform you of any progress.

1 Like

Hi @Andrey_Potapov
Is there any progress on this issue?
Thanks.

@dunghnguyen,
As far as I can see, there is no progress on this issue yet. I’ve requested plans for this issue from our development team. We will let you know soon.

@dunghnguyen,
The issue investigation has been scheduled for the current week.

@dunghnguyen,
Our development team reported that the issue SLIDESNET-42985 has been fixed in Aspose.Slides 22.3 but it was not published in Release Notes. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides.