Failed to save xlsb to xlsx

Hi,

I used the following code snippet to load the XLSB file and save it as an XLSX file with Aspose.Cells .Net 20.11.

var options = new Aspose.Cells.LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Xlsb);
                using (var doc = new Workbook(@"sample.xlsb", options))
                    doc.Save(@"sample_out.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx);
                Console.WriteLine("Done");

And the sample is here sample.zip (4.4 MB)
But the output file is broken when opening with MS Excel, so can you investigate the problem?

Thanks.

@dunghnguyen,
We have logged the issue as “CELLSNET-47719” in our database for investigations. Once we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

@dunghnguyen,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.11.7 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.11.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.11.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,
Thanks for your quick support.
With version 20.11.7, I can convert the sample file to XLSB and open it successfully. But when convert the output file back to XLSB, the result file is broken.
Code snippet:
using (var doc = new Workbook(@“sample.xlsb”, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Xlsb)))
doc.Save(@“step_1.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);
using (var doc = new Workbook(@“step_1.xlsx”, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Xlsx)))
doc.Save(@“step_2.xlsb”, SaveFormat.Xlsb);

Can you check it again? Thanks.

@dunghnguyen,

You are right as I tested. If we re-save the generated XLSX file back to XLSB again, the issue is still there. The final XLSB file is corrupt. We have reopened your issue and we will look into it soon.

@dunghnguyen,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@dunghnguyen
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.12.5 (attached).

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.12.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.12.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.12.5 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

I tested the new DLL with the sample file, the result is expected. Thank you for your support.

@dunghnguyen,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix. Feel free to write us back if you have further queries or comments.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47719) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao