Faulty conversion from DOC to HTML with Aspose.Words 20.9

Hi,
We are using Aspose.Words 20.9 (upgraded recently from 13.9)
We are converting DOC files to HTML. Some of our DOC files contains Hebrew (RTL) + English (LTR) + Wildcards + numbers.
We have few result HTMLs with some of the characters flipped.

I would like to upload an example so you guys can check it.

Best regards,
Oren

@orenbracha

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output HTML file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output HTML file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Desktop.zip (5.6 MB)

All attached + an image highlighting the problem.
The test was done on IE11 and Edge86.

Thanks.

@orenbracha

We have not found the shared issue in the ‘Capture.PNG’. Could you please check your documents again and highlight the issue? We will then investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Doc.PNG (19.3 KB)
Html.PNG (21.3 KB)

Attached

@orenbracha

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-21239. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for quick response.
This problem is very critical for us since it is happening on medical reports. Flipping numbers means flipping the entire result.
What is the plan for this item now? How can we get this one fixed?

Thanks,
Oren

@orenbracha

We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks.
We will really appreciate it if we can get high priority because this issue is ranked “Critical” on our customers sites (Hospitals), we are talking about clinical reports corruption, and its about to escalate to Ministry of Health.

Thanks in advance!

@orenbracha

Please note that you reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

@orenbracha

We have closed this issue (WORDSNET-21239) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Please note that IE cannot display spans with different direction correctly. It’s a bug in IE. The MS Word generates similar html that displayed incorrectly. All modern browsers excluding IE display output html correctly.

Hi,

1. Can you provide an official prove that this is an IE bug? (article, etc.)
  2. Do you have a workaround we can use?

Thanks.

@orenbracha

Please note that it is not an issue in Aspose.Words. We have checked the output with Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers. All browsers display the output correctly.

Hi,

You said plainly that “It’s a bug in IE”.
My customers demand answers, I’m afraid that simply stating that “It’s a bug in IE” won’t satisfy anyone. This issue is escalated now to the ministry of health.

Do we have a formal admission from Microsoft that this is a bug in IE?

Best Regards,
Oren

@orenbracha

Please open your output document in Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers. All browsers render the content correctly except IE. So, its an issue in IE.

I can see that, but this is not an answer I can provide to the ministry of health.
If you claim that IE is the problematic one, we need to have an official admission from Microsoft that this is a problem/known limitation of IE11. I’m sure we are not the first ones who encounter such problem.

I can see that all are leading to IE. Can you get any kind of Microsoft’s admission to that?

@orenbracha

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. If you convert your document to HTML and view it in IE, you will get the same issue. We have attached the output HTML generated by MS Word with this post for your kind reference.
ms word.zip (26.6 KB)

Listen.
My company purchased Aspose.Words license. Not MS Word license.
We expect a better answer than “Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word”. I saw the examples attached, this is not new for me.
If this is a bug in IE, than please, refer me to an official prove for that.
IE exist for long time now, If what you are saying is true, I’m sure Microsoft are aware of that.

Thanks,
Oren

@orenbracha

We already shared with you that IE cannot display spans with different direction correctly. All modern browsers including Microsoft Edge display output html correctly. So, I think this detail is enough to provide that it is an issue with IE.

Moreover, Aspose.Words and MS Word output is same. So, it is not an issue in Aspose.Words.

If you still does not satisfy with Aspose.Words output, please ZIP and attach the expected output HTML document whose contents are viewed correctly on all browsers. We will then log your requirement in our issue tracking system for further investigation.

And what if there is a better way to generate the HTML so it will be displayed correctly on all browsers?

I’m asking about Aspose results and you are keep mentioning MS Word. I don’t care about MS Word, I purchased Aspose license, not MS Word’s.
For the ministry of health I need more reliable explanations. If it’s a problem in IE, I need an formal prove so they will consider replacing IE with other browser.
Your answer is not a formal prove. It’s an assumption (“if it’s OK on X and on Y, so the problem must be in Z”). We are not working that way, and I’m sure you wouldn’t accept such answers from your providers as well.

Did you try to open a case to Microsoft to get their explanation?

I don’t need to supply and more ZIPs or examples, you saw the problem already. The HTML should look exactly like it looks as a doc file.

So, please, if you feel you can’t or don’t have anything more than assumptions, please pass my case on to a higher level of support.

Thanks,
Oren