Fcharset for Wingdings in RTF-Files

Hello!
We are using Aspose.Words for Java 4.0.3 to save documents as RTF-files. Due to certain circumstances in our backend we figured out, that Aspose.Words writes the font info for that font as “\f18\fnil\fcharset0 Wingdings;” instead of “\f18\fnil\fcharset2 Wingdings;” as we expect and need it.
We tried the following code to alter the charset with no success (the written file has charset 0):

FontInfoCollection fontInfos = document.getFontInfos();
for (FontInfo fontInfo: fontInfos)
{
    if (fontInfo.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("wingdings"))
    {
        fontInfo.setCharset(2);
    }
}

Is this a bug or desired behaviour? Is there a chance to change the charset?
Thanks in advance
Klemens Schrage

Hello

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hello,

do you have any updates regarding this issue ?

Best regards
Klemens Schrage

Hello
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. I will let you know once there is something new regarding this issue.
Best regards,

Hello,
just to add. We recently discovered that the font “Symbol” suffers from the same problem.
Best regards
Klemens Schrage

Hi Klemens,
Thank you for additional information. I added this information to the defect. We will let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hello,
we recently switched over to version 10.6.0 which is the last version we can use with our licence (the new one is going to be purchased soon). While another bug we suffered from is solved the one discussed in this post is not.
The charset problem gets very critical in terms of performance to us as we have to parse the binary files “bytewise” and correct the setting.
Best regards
Klemens Schrage

Hi
Klemens,

Thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet. However, the responsible developer has already completed the analysis of this issue. Also, currently there is no estimate (ETA) for this issue.

We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4495) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.