Feature request: More details for font substitutions

Hi Aspose,

Given a ‘WarningInfo’ of type ‘FONT_SUBSTITUTION’, i need more information to be able to automatically handle the warnings. As far as I understand, there are three cases:

1. Font not found
  2. Font not found, but substituted by ‘font substitutes’
  3. Font not found, but substituted automatically by Aspose

In earlier releases, case 2 did NOT issue a warning. Case 3 did not exist. With new versions i need to parse the ‘description’ to be able to distinguish between cases 1, 2 and 3! I wan’t to be able to disallow case 1 and 3.

Please provide a way to distinguish these cases by adding more information to the ‘warningInfo’.

This Topic is created by tahir.manzoor using the Email to Topic plugin.

Hi Ranchler,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Here is the list of currently issued warnings text.

1. Font ‘’ has not been found. Using ‘’ font instead. Reason: alternative name from document.
  2. Font ‘’ has not been found. Using ‘’ font instead. Reason: closest match according to font info from the document.
  3. Font ‘’ has not been found. Using ‘’ font instead. Reason: default font setting.
  4. Font ‘’ has not been found. Using ‘’ font instead. Reason: first available font.
  5. Font substitutes: ‘’ replaced with ‘’.

We logged this issue as WORDSNET-15517 in our issue tracking system. However, we need more detail about your requirement and this query. Please share more detail about your requirement along with use cases that you are using at your end. We will then provide you more information about your query.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Tahir,

I need to guarantee that my documents look the same every time. To this end, I want to control exactly which fonts are available. So I wan’t to NEVER allow font substitution unless I explicitly configure a substitution. In earlier versions a configures substitution did NOT raise a warning, it now does. So I now need a way to distinguish at least the two cases of ‘configured substitution’ vs 'automatic substitution’

Best regards

Valentin

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for sharing the detail. As per my understanding, ‘configured substitution’ means font substitutes set by FontSettings class. Please confirm.

Hi Valentin,

Further to my previous post, do you want to know which fonts are missing and then set up font substitutes for these fonts? Or You want to to disable font substitution in Aspose.Words. Please also share detail of ‘configured substitution’ vs ‘automatic substitution’.

We request you to please elaborate your requirement further by providing complete details of your usecase. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.

Best Regards,
Tahir Manzoor