FetchMessage method throws exception

Hi,

We use Aspose.Email for .NET.
FetchMessage method throws exception when using FIPS compliant environment starting with 17.5 version.
For 17.4 version it worked fine in the same environment. Problem is reproducible for different protocols.

Regards, Irina

@cap.aspose,

We regret any inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please share more details about which email client are you using? We have tested the issue with API’s IMAP and EWS clients and were not able to observe any such problem. We also need more information about the environment you are testing the issue with. If possible, please share a sample account credentials with us for further investigation at our end. Please also give it a try using the latest version of the API i.e. Aspose.Email for .NET 17.7 and share your feedback with us if it helps solve the issue.

Hi,

I’ve already tested and reproduced this problem using Aspose.Email for .NET 17.7.
I use Windows 7 Enterprise.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Enable FIPS Compliant Algorithms:
    1.1. In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Policy.
    1.2. In Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then click Security Options.
    1.3. Under Policy in the right pane, double-click System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption,
    hashing, and signing, and then click Enabled.
  2. Please use the following code for reproducing problem:
        Pop3Client client = new Pop3Client();
        client.Host = popHost;
        client.Port = 110; 
        client.Username = username;
        client.Password = password;
        client.SecurityOptions = SecurityOptions.Auto;
        int messageCount = client.GetMessageCount();
        for (int i = 1; i <= messageCount; i++)
        {
            string msgId = client.GetMessageUniqueId(i);
            MailMessage msg =  client.FetchMessage(msgId);
        }

FetchMessage always throws AsposeException starting with Aspose.Email for .NET 17.5 when using FIPS compliant environment .

image.jpg (97.9 KB)

I’ve provided sample for POP3 protocol but this problem also occurs for other protocols.

Regards, Irina

@cap.aspose,

Thank you for sharing the steps to reproduce the problem at our end. It has been logged as EMAILNET-38792 for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once further updates are available in this regard.

Thanks for your update. I’d like to add that it’s very priority issue for us.

Regards, Irina

@cap.aspose,

We understand your concern. However, we would also like to add here that issues are dealt by first come first serve basis. Your issue will be investigated upon its turn and once there is some update or a fix version available, we’ll update you here via this thread.

Hi,

Could you please provide an update or at least ETA on this?
FetchMessage method ALWAYS throws AsposeException in FIPS compliant environment starting with Aspose.Email for .NET 17.5 version.

Regards, Irina

@cap.aspose,

The issue is planned to be fixed in Aspose.Email for .NET 17.8 that is due for release in the second week of August 2017. We’ll update you here once the fix version is available for download.

Hello!

Unfortunately, we have a customer that suffers from this issue very much and want us to fix it ASAP.
Is there any possibility to get this fix earlier? Or at least get some test fix?
Thank you!

Regards,
Olga.

@cap.aspose,

We have requested our Product team to share if a hotfix version could be made available to you as resolution of this issue. We’ll write back here once further information is available in this regard.

@cap.aspose,

The issue has been fixed in our latest release, Aspose.Email for .NET 17.8. Please download it and let us know if you have any further query in this regard.

Thank you!
Latest release fixes the issue.

You are welcome.