We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Figuring out if two presentations master slides are identical?

Hi,

We’re currently looking for a way to figure out if master slides from two different presentations are identical, we’re combining multiple slides from different presentations and most of them have the same setup of master slides already.

I had a look but there does not seem to be a easy way of doing this, hopefully someone here can shed some light on this? Perhaps we have to manually go through all shapes/etc and calculate some hash based on all this?

Hi Henrik,

I have observed your requirements. I regret to inform that it is not possible in Aspose.Slides yet. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38125 has been created in our issue tracking system as new feature request to implement this feature. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once this feature will be available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, do you think this could be a possible “workaround” for now? Pseudo code below:

foreach shape in shapes {
hash = shape.x.toString() + shape.y.toString() + …;
hash += recurseUntilAllShapesAreAccountedFor(subShape)
return hash;
}

masterHash = md5(based on data from above);

perhaps factor in x, y, width, height, colors, default values - slide title

Hi Henrik,

I have observed your comments. I like to share that we don’t support this feature yet so you can give try to this solution which you figure out. A new feature request ticket which i shared with you earlier is already added in our issue tracking system. We will share notification with you once support will be available.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38125) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.