File is corrupted

Were you able to recreate the error I just posted?

Yes, that is because of losing style of text in cells.
I will just finish with it and prepare new hot fix.

We have released 2.4.8 hot fix. Please check it.

2.4.8.0 produces a file that is unreadable by PowerPoint. (we did no code changes from previous version)

Please, could you try attached version and write about results.
I have added special workaround for presentations with broken master styles.

Same results. I’m attaching my “template” presentation that was used.

Well, in this case one more try (and I hope last one).

This last one fixed it. thanks.

Strange results. I have attached a generated powerpoint file that opens fine using 2002, AND the 2003 Viewer. However, using the 2003 full version displays a "corruption" message.

I have attached the error messgae that 2003 displays… (using version 11.6564.6568 SP2 of 2003)

The most interesting there are no any problems with Office 2003 but I have updated it up to SP2 and have the same error now.
Looks like something wrong with bold text in table’s header.

Is there a workaround?

Yes, please check 2.4.9 hot fix. Two more problems with PP2003 SP2 are fixed.
If you have the same problem again I need your code to experiment with it and find what is wrong.
With my test cases I can’t reproduce your problem anymore.

Dang, it’s still happening for us. I have included 3 files. Our HTTPHandler class that generates the PPT file, the PPT template file, and the generated PPT file that shows the corruption message on Powerpoint 2003 SP2.

At first, I should tell thank you for the patience and for the help
in fixing several incompatibilities with PowerPoint 2003 SP2.

All your problems in this line of code:
thBox.Parent.Shapes.Remove(thBox.ShapeRef);

TextHolder in a ppt file divided on 2 parts: TextHolders and Shape.
These parts have internal links to each other and when you delete only half
of this structure presentation becomes broken.

If I’m not mistaken you’d like to make this shape invisible?
The most simple solution is not delete shape but replace text with spaces.

Ok, I removed the Shapes.Remove calls. I still have the Slides.Remove call. This still causes the 2003 SP2 corruption. I have attached the modified class file. Can you check if there's anything else that may be causing this?

If I’m not mistaken everything is ok with code now. I created absolutely the same presentation like yours
and don’t have such corruption with 2003 SP2. But I changed one thing after releasing hot fix.
Could you try attached assembly.

Downloaded and tried it and still getting the error. I’m attaching the ppt file. Can you open on your 2003 SP2 system and see if the corrupted message shows up?

Can you please try the file from the previous post? I need to determine if our 2003 SP2 environment is buggy.

Your PP2003 is ok. I hope I have found the problem.
While I’m preparing fix you can try to comment all Slides.Remove(…) lines and create presentation again.