File open issue with lightCellDataProvider

hi

We are generating excel file using LightcellDataProvider

it is working fine.

when it comes to IE the browser shows the file saving dialog box.

when i clicked open the content will be dispalyed in html format.

please find the images. and code.

please solve this one.

Thanks & Regards.
Ranjith

Hi Ranjith,

Thank you for providing your code. I have created a Ticket with ID CELLSJAVA-26939 for your said issue. Soon we will get back to you on this.

hi

any update on this?

Thanks & Regards
Ranjith.

Hi,

Sorry, we are still not finding enough time to look into your problem. We will start working on it as soon as we finish some other important and urgent bugs. But by our experience, similar issues as reported by you in your previous posts, most of issues about file format in web enviornment have nothing to do with our component. The issue may be of the response header settings, server dependency and so on. To isolate the issue, I think you can try following solutions:

1. Try to save the created xlsx file to disk instead of openning it in IE and then open and check whether it is a valid excel file.
  2. Try to save the created xlsx file locally instead of in IE and then open and check whether it is a valid excel file.
  3. If there is no issue of the saved xlsx file, then please send its content directly to client and open it in IE to check whether it can be opened fine.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi,

We have tested your code with oc4j server and get different result from yours. When using your jsp file, if we click “save” button the saved file is fine and it is same with your result. If we click the “open” button, we got exception from the server for the output Stream and MS Excel shows nothing for the generated file. However, if we move your code from the jsp file to a servlet, all things works fine. So I am afraid it is the issue of the server to do with jsp’s request and response. Also, we have tested your jsp file on other servers such as Tomcat, it cannot work too because of another exception. But using the same code in a servlet will work for all servers. So, we confirm that this issue have nothing to do with Aspose.Cells component. I think you have to check your jsp logic (especially on doing with the response, such as header, finalization, etc.) to make it compatible with oc4j server.

Thanks for your understanding!