File Type support amongst libraries

Hello,

I’m evaluating using Aspose specifically for conversion from native to PDF. We have a fairly varied library of documents we’d like to convert. If we assume, for a moment, that we have licensed all of the appropriate Aspose libraries… what is the most efficient way to determine which of those libraries to use when converting to PDF? It’d be great if we could:

1) Programmatically query each library to get a list of extensions that are supported.
OR
2) Call an “IsSupported” method on each library for a document we’re trying to convert

I’d really rather not have to look at the documentation with every release and update our code to choose the right library based on the supported extensions I see in the documentation…

Thanks!

Hi,

Well, you would need to use different Aspose products (probably you will require Aspose.Total for .NET (package)) to convert different MS Office files and other formats to PDF.
E.g
Aspose.Cells → Conversion of Excel file formats (XLS, XLSX, CSV, Tab Delimited, SpreadsheetML, ODS etc.) to PDF.
Aspose.Words → Conversion of DOC/DOCX etc. to PDF
Aspose.Slides → Conversion of PPT/PPTX etc. to PDF
etc.

I would like to address your requirements from Aspose.Cells for .NET perspective. Aspose.Cells does support PDF conversion for MS Excel (97-2010 and 2013) spreadsheets file formats. The file formats may include e.g. XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, CSV, Tab Delimited, SpreadsheetML, Html, ODS etc. And, see the document for your reference on how to convert an Excel file to PDF format:

Also see the documents on file formats and conversions (with supported file format types):
My fellow colleagues from other teams (for their respective products) would reply you and provide you complete details regarding the supported file formats list here soon.

Thank you.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to address your requirements from Aspose.Words for .NET perspective.

You can easily render any Microsoft Word document (e.g. DOC, DOCX, RTF etc) to PDF format. I would suggest you please read the following article for more details:

Aspose.Words internally uses FileFormatUtil.DetectFileFormat method when you open the document and if format is not detected (not supported), Aspose.Words throws UnsupportedFileFormatException. So if you check format before opening the document, you can prevent throwing UnsupportedFileFormatException. I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I like to share that we offer Aspose.Slides that enable you to export the PPT/PPTX presentation files to PDF. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard. Aspose.Slides also offers the LoadOption.LoadFormat enumerator that specifies the file format of read presentation.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,