FileCorruptedException is thrown where IncorrectPasswordException must be raised

Used version: Aspose.Words 14.9.0.

When I try to open regular (not password-protected) DOCX file and specify password, then
Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException is thrown with the message: The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded. Think it is better to open file without error or at least throw IncorrectPasswordException.

try
{
new Aspose.Words.Document(@"docx.docx",c new w.LoadOptions()
{
Password = "test"
});
}
catch (FileCorruptedException){ }

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Here you are.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.9.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10923. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Initially I suggested 2 varialnts:
  • to open file without error
  • at least throw IncorrectPasswordException.

Just tested with DOC file.

Aspose.Words opened it without any errors - so the same behavior is expected from OOXML formats.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged your comment against your issue. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Any progress on this?

Alex Shloma
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our product team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Alex,

Thanks for being patient. Regarding WORDSNET-10923, our development team has planned to include the fix to this issue in 15.3.0 - Mar 2015 release of Aspose.Words. If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include the fix to your issue in Aspose.Words' March 2015 release. We will inform you via this thread as soon as a release containing the fix to your issue is published.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10923) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Tested on Words 15.4.0.

No exception is thrown.

Good job.Thanks,
Alex Shloma