Filling a pre-made word table

I'm trying to fill an existing Word Table with data, I don't want to use the merge as I want to put sub totals after each category with sums. I tried using the builder StartTable function to create it from scratch as Words doesn't seem able to manipulate an existing table. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to allow me to put the table after the text that is written before the table is created. Is this possible or do the tables only get created at the top of the page? I have to create a lot of reports that have text and tables and it's going to be quite difficult if aspose.words doesn't allow fine control of the objects. Any help you could provide would be great.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response please supply us with the following information.

• Please supply us with the input Word document containing the Table you want to insert content in.
  • Please supply us with the target Word document showing the desired output. You can create this document using Microsoft Word. We just want to learn as to how you want your final document to be generated like.

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we'll start our investigation into your issue and provide you code to achieve this. Moreover, I would suggest you please read the articles mentioned in the following page:

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Working+with+Tables

I hope, this helps.

Many thanks,

Awais,

I have attached the template word doc and the completed doc as I want it to be in when populated with data. I've tried doing a couple different things but it doesn't really seem to be going my way. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please watch this video to learn how to create Table from scratch, insert content inside this table and apply different formatting using DocumentBuilder class. I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Does this tutorial have sound? I get a video but no audio? You message stated there would be some code which would probably be a bit more helpful then watching a video as it doesn’t specifically pertain to my problem. I’m not sure why you needed to have me send sample files if you weren’t going to do anything with them. If you like I can send sample code of what I have and what is produced so you can see what is happening. Let me know if you would like that.

Thanks
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your request. No, this tutorial does not has any sound. I apologize for your inconvenience. Secondly, I am working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your patience. Please find attached the code to programmatically build a Table using Aspose.Words. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,