Filling complex objects

I’m trying to create a complex shape, consisting of an arcs and lines. However, I cannot get the final shape to be filled. Is there a way to fill a complex shape that consists of various other, simple, shapes? This is crucial to our business.

Hello Kilian,

Thanks for using our products.

You may consider visiting the following link which contains information on how to fill graph objects. Graph Formats

In case it does not resolve your problem or I have not properly understood the requirement, please share some details regarding your requirement. It would also be great if you could please share the code snippet so that we can test the scenario at our end.

I had already read that page (Graph Formats), but it shows how to fill a single shape. What I need is to fill a complex shape, composed of several other shapes. What I do in the code is this (simplified):

Graph g = new Graph(sec1, 50, 150);

sec1.Paragraphs.Add(g);

g.GraphInfo.LineWidth = 10;

float[] lineArr = new float[] { 110, 10, 10, 10, 10, 110, 110, 110 };

Line line = new Line(g, lineArr);

g.Shapes.Add(line);

Arc arc = new Arc(g, 110, 60, 50, 270, 90);

g.Shapes.Add(arc);

The resulting figure I want to fill entirely with a solid colour. I can fill the line shape by setting FillColor and set IsFilled to true, but I cannot get the arc to fill in. Furthermore, as this a a simple example, filling the arc may not even be sufficient in all cases, take e.g. the following line:

Arc arc = new Arc(g, 110, 60, 50, 90, 270);

replacing the arc above, the result is a concave shape.

Since I haven’t had a reply, can I assume what I need is not possible with Aspose.PDF?

Hello Kilian,

Sorry for replying you late

I have tested the scenario and I have also observed that filling the region inside Arc object is not possible with the current product version. However, for the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNET-21855 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21855) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.